Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Clothespins and a belly


Here's a pictures "the belly". I hope you all feel loved because I do not enjoy posting pictures of myself and especially not when I've been pregnant for 37 weeks! The main reason for the picture was to show Isaiah's response to his daddy's weird sense of humor. I have to admit it really was funny to see Isaiah walking around covered in clothes pins, but Isaiah didn't seem to see the humor in it.


Tomorrow I will have completed 37 weeks. In some ways it's hard to believe I'm at this point already, but in other ways I feel like I've been pregnant for forever. We've had a pretty nice summer, but the last few weeks have been hot and humid and I have to say it's starting to really get to me. Oh what I'd do for a Canadian summer day! Over all I can't complain. I've had a good pregnancy. Here's a question for all you moms. I started to pack my bags for the hospital today. Any suggestions on what to take?


My mom and dad are on their way to PA! I think I've been so wrapped up in waiting for the test results and being afraid that maybe they wouldn't be able to come that I didn't allow myself to get excited about their visit. Mom continues to receive good reports from all the doctor's she has seen. There is a cancer research center in Thunder Bay that is supposed to be really good. She has been meeting with doctors there about future treatment. She's scheduled to start radiation on Sept. 12 which means she won't need to cut her visit short on my end. (they will visiting Matt's and Brandon's for the first part of their visit). They told her if she was in Toronto she'd be waiting at least a month for treatment anyway.
I can't think of anything else so goodnight!

9 comments:

  1. Ear plugs. It's the only way to sleep in a hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Digital camera and laptop so you can immediately post pictures of the baby! :) Of course this only works if the hospital has internet access...

    Tons of snacks -- don't know about you, but I was non-stop hungry for the first several days and the hospital food wasn't near enough.

    I probably used 5% of everything else I packed, so I'm not a good one to ask. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Joy. I packed a bunch of stuff and barely used any of it. Take a camera, socks, chapstick, toothbrush, nursing bra, binky and snacks. The hospital gave me everything else I needed.
    Oh yeah, don't forget clothing for the munchkin's hospital photo.
    Crazy to think you're packing already! So exciting!
    -jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you sure don't look 37 weeks pregnant. Count your blessings. (I'm sure you feel bigger than you look):-) Don't forget a nail clippers for the baby...it bugged me when they had extra long nails and I couldn't cut them! And take your own undies! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree - you do NOT look 37 weeks! You look great. You should post pics of yourslef all the time, every day, even every couple hours!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Sabrina, you look great. I think if I was 37 weeks in that position I wouldn't be able to get back up without some help:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the suggestions for the hospital -I hadn't thought of ear plugs, Joyce, that's a good one.

    I'm glad you all think I look good, but I'm thinking maybe I should post a side veiw so you get a little better idea. I'm 41 inches around at the biggest part of my belly. I'm having trouble finding things to wear that cover my belly. Bottoms won't stay up and tops aren't hardly long enough.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, I know you don't have far to go, but try cutting off an old tshirt and wearing it around your belly. That way it's okay if your shirt comes up or your pants fall a bit :-)

    ReplyDelete