I know a lot of you are wondering about my mom. Instead of trying to explain it I'm just going to copy an email that she sent out. Thank you for your prayers!
Dear Friends and family !!
Again THANK YOU for you prayers today !! We again could very much sense the power of prayer in operation !! PRAISE THE LORD for the GOOD report !!!!! The cancer was contained in the lump; the margin that he took around it was clear, and both lymph nodes they took out were cancer free !! I had tears of joy, I was so relieved !! Those bottled up emotions had to be released, I guess !!Although I thought I was fairly calm inside !!?? Because of the type of cancer , I am to call the Cancer Center here in T Bay tomorrow and have an appointment set up to find out about the treatment, or next step. He wants me to see them before we leave for PA. He said I will definitely need Radiation, and in some cases women prefer to just have the mastectomy done on that side !??? HE said it is a "low stage cancer". The type is " Invasive Ductile Carcinoma , or known also as D.C.I.S I am not sure the spelling is all right on that; I plan to go on line and read what I can about it, later,but wanted to email you all first !! :) This type can be hard to follow,or can be unpredictable, . HE said yes they got all the cancer as far as they can tell, but with this kind, ( as all kinds, right ??), it could move to other places in the breast and try to start something again!?!?! (I feel very uneducated trying to explain it!!) He used such big words; I am anxious to talk to the people at the Cancer Center, and hear it explained further !! HE feels we will be OK, for being away for Aug., except I may have to cut it a little short at Sabrina's, the end of Aug ?? ( I had hoped to stay a while longer than Ken felt he could be there) But Sabrina, and I are agreed that we will rejoice in the positive results and see how it all pans out. I want to give the Lord praise for many answered prayers!!!! For sensing His Presence, (more like carrying me/us,) leading us, giving us peace !! I believe we do not really know the awesomeness of His AMAZING Grace, till we are in that place where we need it so desperately!! He really is true to His promises !!! WE CAN TRUST HIM !!! I am not sure I explained it all very well, but like I said I want to do more research on it !! Take care , Sondra
Praise God! :) Thanks for posting the update. How exciting that she is able to come. :) I'll keep praying for that whole situation.
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear that the surgery went well with positive results! I'll be praying as she faces further treatment in the next few months.
ReplyDeletepraise the Lord!!
ReplyDeleteThank God. We are praying for your family.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad your mom gets to come see you soon!
Praise the Lord! Thanks for sharing with us. We will continue to pray for your family and pray that it all works out with the baby coming. Should we pray that you go early?
ReplyDeletethanks so much for your comments and prayers! I feel very humbled because I realize that many people pray for the same results we received, but they do not recieve them.
ReplyDeleteLaRonda, yes, if you want to pray that the baby comes early that would be great -but not too early! i'm thinking a week maybe. Mom and dad will get her on the 24th, the day after my due date.
I'm still trying not to think early though because I know I have no control over it. (Joy, I hear you loud and clear!!:)
Praise God! He is forever faithful, isn't He!
ReplyDeleteAwesome, Awesome, Awesome God.
ReplyDeleteThat's great news, thanks for sharing Sabrina.
ReplyDelete