Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Ready and Waiting


Isaiah's surgery went well yesterday. Here is a picture of him in his stunning purple outfit. Doesn't Jeremy look thrilled! :) I was not allowed to be with him when they put him to sleep because of being pregnant. The last time we went through this they held a gas mask over Isaiah's mouth until he feel asleep. I can still see his little eyes looking at me while he cried his heart out because he didn't know what was going on. I had Jeremy all prepared for this heart wrenching experience. We were at a different surgery center this time and they allowed Jeremy to hold him and just put the gas close to Isaiah's face for a couple of minutes until he fell asleep. What a great idea! Jeremy said he didn't even cry. He was a little fussy when he woke up, but overall he's doing great. You would hardly know anything happened to him except for a few times while he was eating. Praise the Lord it's over.

5 comments:

  1. Hooray! So glad to hear that it went so well. :) I bet that's a relief to you all!! Blessings on the rest of your pregnancy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad it went well, and it sounds like he's bouncing back quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh Sabrina! I'm so glad they didn't do that gas mask thing to him again! I have horrible memories of that when I was 6 and being put to sleep. I was yelling to the Dr.s that I couldn't breathe and they wouldn't do anything. Then 3 years later I had to be put out again and mom talked to the Dr about that and they said, oh we don't even have to put that on till she's out - so they didn't. smart people. Anyway, I'm glad it went well - give him an extra hug from someone who understands... = P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that's over for you (and Isaiah) I didn't know he had already had it done once. I'll be watching for your news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to hear the surgery went well. I will keep watching to see when this new muffin pops out of the oven. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete