Tuesday, January 06, 2009

We're Here!

Yesterday we arrived at Rosedale for their 6 week winter term. This morning I feel like I'm finally catching my breath. Feels like the first time in weeks. I'm enjoying not having 3 different lists on my counter of things to do, things to pack and things to get after we arrive here. As much as I have looked forward to this time away, I'm always a little sad to leave our little house. I just love it there. It's not perfect but it's home. I was a little sad to look around the boy's room one last time before we left. I even had a hard time packing the few toys that we brought. I kept thinking, oh I'll miss seeing this car, or that book. I think I'm a little weird and way too sentimental. We're only going to be away for 6 weeks after all. It does feels good to be back at RBC. We feel very blessed to have an opportunity like this. This year we have a much better idea of what to expect (we think! :))

We drive a little Honda so needless to say I didn't even try to pack food other than some spices and baking soda etc. Have you ever tried to shop for for for a completely empty kitchen knowing you'll only be using the stuff for 6 weeks??!! What do we have to have, what can we do without? If I buy this are we going to use it up in 6 weeks, or at least use enough of it to make it worth buying? What kind of recipes can I make that don't require weird stuff that I have in my kitchen at home, but only use once a month? I'm not complaining. In fact I'm looking at the next few weeks as a challenge to learn to live with less. Hopefully my family will go a long with it. :) I'll try to keep you updated on how things are going.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you made it safely! Thanks for the update. I can't imagin packing for 6 weeks! And with no real food. I suggest pancakes for supper:)
    It is sleeting all day today. A good excuse to be lazy...
    Rodney leaves on Sat. for Belize! I am dreading it...
    Beckee

    ReplyDelete