Tuesday, January 20, 2009

20 Years from Now...

Do you ever wonder what your life will look like in 20 years? I do. I wonder if I'll ever have the following conversation with Isaiah and Nathan.

Isaiah and Nathan: Mom, what were we doing during the 2009 inauguration of president elect Barack Obama?

Me: Well sons, you were eating lunch. I fed you peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, graham crackers, raisins and apples. Isaiah you also had carrots and dip. I fed you some of your favorite foods in hope that you would be quiet enough for me to hear the ceremonies of the inauguration on the radio. You did well except for a peek-a-boo game between the two of you that caused some laughter. I didn't mind the laughter. You were unaware of the history being made. I wondered what your history books would tell you about that day and the next four years. Your father and I did not vote for Obama, but we did pray for him. We taught you to follow God and put ALL of your trust in Him and not in man. Did you listen to our instruction? I hope so. Here's what you looked like on that day:

6 comments:

  1. Cute !! If I could have,I would have traded the peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches, the peep a boo games, and laughter of those precious little boys, for the quiet and interrupted time I had watching some of the inauguration !! :)
    Interesting blog, Sabrina !! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. ??????????? I don't think I worded that comment right----
    I would trade the quiet uninterrupted time I had, FOR the Peanut butter, and jelly sandwiches, and cute little boys, and laughter !!:):)
    Maybe signing off as "Grandma" , would make it more clear ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good idea for a blog Sabrina and good to hear grandmas comments too. I runied a couple batches of dinner roll dough while watching:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was Twila sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hard to imagine 20 years from now. That's probably what our moms thought 20 years ago. Great thoughts! -Kristin B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always, I love to read your blog!! Your imagination is fun...formulating the question your guys might ask you 20 years from now!
    What precious little moments to treasure!!

    ReplyDelete