19 more days until the big due date. Why do they even give you these due dates? I feel like I for sure have 19 more days to prepare and yet I know that may not be the case. I don't like to get things ready too early because I'm afraid I'll start to think I'm going early then I'll be totally miserable if I go late. Oh the unstable ground of the pregnant woman's brain! I feel very irritable lately. Things that normally wouldn't bother me drive me crazy. My poor husband! One minute I'm feeling great and the next I'm crying because I wonder how in the world we will adjust to a second child. Will my house ever be clean -every part of it at the same time? Will Isaiah really grow up without deep emotional scars due to the birth of a sibling that needs lots of mommy's time? Will Jeremy and I ever again be able to just sit at the supper table and talk for however long we want? I'm sure we will adjust eventually and I'm thrilled that we are giving Isaiah a brother. I wouldn't trade anything about my life right now. Just thought I'd let you in on the emotional roller coaster I've been on lately.
Jeremy is preaching tomorrow. On the weekends that he preaches I usually try to disappear with Isaiah for at least a few hours on Friday night or Saturday or both so that Jeremy can study in peace. (our house isn't very big). This morning I went to Wal-Mart. I DO NOT like Wal-mart on Saturdays! However, there were things I had to get (ever use your husbands deodorant?) so off we went. I wasn't in the store for 15 minutes before a little lady that works there gave me a good tongue lashing for walking 2 feet away from my cart and leaving my purse in the cart. Someone could have taken it. Oddly enough she didn't say anything about my son who was also in the cart. ?!?! Ok, so she was right. It's not a good idea to do what I did, but I didn't want to hear it from her. So there I was, with my messed up, emotional, scattered, forgetful, pregnant brain standing beside the deodorant telling myself not to cry. Just so you know I didn't cry and I was able to move on without it ruining my morning. If someone is visiting my blog for the first time and this is the first post they've read, please read on. I'm not really as cracked as I sound! (I don't think, but then again maybe I'm always like this...ok enough of that)
How do you get your children to eat healthy? Isaiah is a picky eater. I thought I was doing everything right, but low and behold he doesn't like some foods. Actually, it's not that he doesn't like them, he seems to not even like how they look. Sometimes when we put his bowl in front of him he'll look at it and hand it right back to us. :( Lately, he doesn't eat supper. We don't make anything special for him. He either eats what we eat or he gets down. Last night I gave him a little bit of chicken, a little macaroni and cheese and a little green beans. He loves mac and cheese so of course he promptly ate all his share then started to beg for more. We told him he needed to eat some chicken and gr beans first. Of course this was not met with rave reviews. However, after some complaining he quited down and I couldn't believe my eyes when I looked over and saw him starting to pick at his chicken. Pick is exactly what he did. He picked off the seasoning that was on the chicken, but did not eat the chicken! Have you ever tried to do this? I'm not talking about big cornflake seasoning, I'm talking spices, very fine breading. What to do, what to do! I did put broccoli in his cheese sandwich for lunch today and he ate it! heeheheheee! I win, I win! (P.S. if there are grandma's reading this please know we love our son to distraction. However, man can not live on bread alone and that is exactly what our son would do if given the chance)
OK, enough of this nonsense. Sorry this is so long. I just started typing and low and behold this is what came out. Have a wonderful Sunday!
Sometimes Marin ends up eating just a banana for dinner. I get so frustrated with her. Meal time is certainly a challenge for both of us. My doctor said all I can do is offer her healthy choices and let her take it from there. Therefore, she eats a lot of bananas and greenbeans.
ReplyDeleteI'm not even going to tell you what I would have told the lady at Wal-Mart.
-Jo
hi sabrina. i do read your blog once in awhile! hang in there. you'll make it. and even though it may have been a rhetorical question, i'll say that no, your house will probably never be all clean at the same time again. at least not for about 20 years. but you'll get used to it and it won't bother you so much. :-)
ReplyDeletejosiah's a picky eater too. :-( he eats a lot of green beans and cucumbers. i hope they get over it eventually!
Hmmm,I'm starting to think that Walmart is required to hire a certain amount of cranky people...to prove they're fair employers and not biased, of course. Or maybe she's a lifetime kleptomaniac and was angry because your purse was tempting her. Don't you wish sometimes that you could carry a sign to wave -- "Stop talking to me!"
ReplyDeleteThis is one of the most amusing posts you have written. You crack me up! I know the weird feelings you are experiencing. Don't worry, you'll get your brain back one day...maybe after all your kids are gone. Sometimes Daryl and I feed the kids and put them to bed early so we can eat alone.
ReplyDeleteAnd Jenni's right, you just have to learn to live with a messy house (at least parts of it at a time). Sometimes that's painful, though...
Cheers to you for not yelling back at the Walmart lady. Keep your sense of humor, girl! Good job. :-)