- Thursday afternoon I was working in the kitchen when I heard a crash and then Isaiah start crying. The sight I found was the piano bench turned over, books falling out and Isaiah's little riding car pushed up against the piano. Isaiah wasn't under the piano bench, but he they must have come in contact at some point because his eye swelled up and got red. It's starting to look better.
- Last evening we had a great time with Jeremy's family. It was a last minute deal, but it was great to all be together again.
- This morning we went to my Grandma L. annual Easter brunch. What awesome food! After the brunch she had and Easter egg hunt for the kids. Isaiah didn't like the idea of putting the eggs in the basket so he tried to carry them all. After the hunt he sat in the middle of the kitchen and opened the eggs and ate everything he found -Graham cracker stix, mini marshmallows and Cheerios
- After the brunch we stopped by the library because I've been in the mood for a good book. I have a lot of things I could be doing instead of reading a novel, but I enjoy few things as much as sitting down with a good book. Especially on Easter weekend when there are snow flurries outside!
- The book I'm reading is the last book in the At Home in Mitford series. I think I've read all the other books in the series except for a few of the smaller "coffee table" type books. I'm curious, has anyone else read these books? What did you think? Please don't comment on how the series ends because I haven't finished the book yet!
- We had a great supper of shish kabobs (spelling???) on the grill for supper. they were great! Now we're just relaxing. I need to give Isaiah a bath, but I'm putting it off. :)
- Happy Easter!
Saturday, April 07, 2007
Odds and Ends
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We enjoyed seeing you at the brunch. I love the Mitford series. Few series are as well written and engaging as the Mitford books. My biggest disappointment is that I have read all of them- I hope she writes some more!
ReplyDeleteCharity
Hi Sabrina! Glad to find your blog and catch up on your life a bit. I am currently reading the Mitford series for the second time - I really enjoy them. They make me appreciate the wonders of everyday life. And, as a pastor's wife, they help me see some humor in ministering to people. Congrats on your pregnancy! We just had our second son, Micah. He's almost two months old. Joel, our first son, is about 2 1/2. If you want to see some pictures of them. My blog is http://www.xanga.com/amsdjs . Ann Marie
ReplyDeleteI am reading some books by Laura Jensen Walker at the moment. She is an amazing writer. Her book "Reconstructing Natalie" is a must read. I can bring you a copy at the next get-together. ;) Glad Isaiah is okay.
ReplyDeleteYes, good thing kids can handle nasty bumps, sometimes better than we can! :-) An Easter brunch with Grandma sounds so nice! Glad you had a good weekend. I haven't found those books at our library but I've heard they're good. A good book sounds like fun right now.
ReplyDeleteI'm occasionally finding time to read again -- such a lovely thing! I've never heard of the Mitford series, but now you've all made me want to track down copies of them.
ReplyDeleteI too have had the urge for a good read. Thanks for the suggestion. Marin got a good bump and a fat lip yesterday thanks to her cousin trying to 'help' her pull her pants up.
ReplyDelete