
Hello from our house. The last few weeks have been very busy, but very good.
-Last Saturday morning we drove to Ephrata to have lunch with Jonathan and Lori and our niece, Lydia. Isaiah had a blast with all the new toys and trying to show Lydia where her eyes are. :( Lydia is such a cute baby! She gets us even more excited about our new baby on the way.
-Saturday afternoon I left Jeremy and Isaiah at Jonathan's and met Robyn for coffee. I don't think we'd seen each other since Jeremy and I's wedding day -almost 3 years ago!! It was soooooooo good to catch up with her again. A sign of a great friendship is when you can go for years without seeing each other and then be able to pick up right where you left off.
-After our time together Robyn and I met our husbands at an Impact North banquet in New Holland, PA. It was amazing to see so many people that I hadn't seen in years and years! People really do grow up and and get old! (myself included:)) My parents were down for the banquet too so that made it extra special.
-My parents were in our area for the next 5 days. It was a short visit, but we made the most of it. Isaiah loved all the attention. He especially feel in love with my dad. Isaiah and Grandpa spent hours playing outside. I think Isaiah is going through attention with drawl the last few days.
-Jeremy preached yesterday so Saturday I spent the day keeping Isaiah entertained. I do that every day I guess, but it was different to have Jeremy home, but not available. I'd rather entertain than spend a whole day preparing a sermon though so I won't complain.
-Early this morning I woke Isaiah up and took him to get his tongue clipped. For those of you that don't know, his tongue has been "tied" since birth. Basically, the little piece of skin that attaches your tongue to the bottom of your mouth stretched the whole length of his tongue. You can probably stick your tongue out, but Isaiah couldn't because his was "tied" down. It wasn't a major surgery, but I'm very glad it's done. The hardest part was when they gave him the gas to put him out. He really cried, but we had to just hold him down until he fell asleep. It only took about 30 seconds, but felt longer. I left him then and the next we saw him he was awake. We left the house soon after 7:00 and were home by 9:00. I expected to have a half sleeping baby all morning. Nope, he's as active and alive as ever. :) I do praise God that Isaiah is a very healthy little boy. It was hard enough to put him through this. I can't imagine what it would be like to have a child with a serious illness.
-I'm now in my 20th week of my pregnancy. I feel huge! I think Jeremy is getting concerned that he'll have to carry me around in a wheel barrel by the time August arrives. I don't think I've gained too much weight. I guess my muscles are just shot from having Isaiah. :( I'm having a good pregnancy so I'm thankful for that.
-Now that I've bored you all to tears I'd better get off. I'll try to post a picture or two.
This is just the post I've been waiting for. :D For some reason I really was jealous of all of you at the banquet, so I'm glad to hear it was a good time of catching up. Thanks for the picture, too.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you're already 1/2 way through your pregnancy. Is it going fast for you, too?
Rhonda
Sounds like fun! Too bad we can't arrange some type of get together.
ReplyDeleteIt's so great that your parents are able to come to the area occasionally and see Isaiah. He'll grow up having fun memories of when they come to visit!
ReplyDeleteYay for seeing eachother!!! :-) It was a fun day and evening. By the way to all you readers, our kids are adorable together and we're setting up an arranged marriage. We think it will work fine.
ReplyDelete