Sunday, November 30, 2008

December 1

Tomorrow is December 1! Every year I hope for a relaxed Christmas season, but it seems like every year things still get busy and I spend way too much time rushing around trying to do one more thing and getting frustrated with myself for not planning better. I wonder if this year will be any different? I hope so. I hope we have many quiet evenings to enjoy the lights from the Christmas tree and listen to Christmas music and maybe even a cup of coffee. Here is a list of things I'd like to accomplish in the next weeks. I realize that probably this doesn't interest many people, but I'm hoping it will give me some vision and a plan. If you have any suggestions on how to keep Christmas simple and real I love to hear them. I have not really thought through this list yet so I'm sure it's not complete, but here's a start.

To Accomplish List:
1. Read the Christmas story, several times
2. Maybe cookies to give to our neighbors. Have Isaiah help
3. Decorate the tree
4. Ask Jeremy to hang the Christmas lights outside
5. Finish buying gifts -7 or 8 (plus Jeremy)
6. Decide on something for Jeremy
7. Stay positive and smile for my family even when I'm feeling frustarted and busy
8. Say no to something that will just make our schedule too busy -even though it would be fun
9. Attend a live nativity
10. Plan a menu for Christmas day -something to be made ahead of time so I can relax. :)
11. Sit down with Jeremy and talk about our schedule for the next month.
12. Remember why we give and receive gifts. Be amazed.

4 comments:

  1. Sabrina, I read that list, I will be checking up on you !! :)
    About the idea of keeping Christmas "real". The last couple years, I have prayed and ask the Lord to shed new light/revelation, on a verse, truth, thought, etc; whatever way He can speak to me, of something to make it Spiritually meaningful and not "just another Christmas ", forgetting what this season is REALLY all about !
    I encourage others to do the same !! HE really answers that prayer for me. I did not hear yet for this year !! :)
    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your list... mine looks somewhat similar. Especially now with a child I worry about losing the real meaning of Christmas.

    Also, I've been meaning to ask: Did you manage to wait until after Thanksgiving to dig out the Christmas music? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to sit down and write out a list because I have all these ideas running through my head.

    Here is just a very simple idea, but my kids love this...I know Adalie will especially this year and I bet Isaiah would love it to.

    I have a nativity scene that is wooden that I let the kids play with and they love to tell the story with the people and animals. I am sure you could pick up a very inexpensive one at Wal-Mart or the Dollar store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sabrina...
    I especially like the one about saying "no" to things that make your schedule feel too hectic and full. That's a challenge, but it feels so good. May you and your precious little family have many wonderful moments of celebration and joy in this beautiful Christmas season! I can't wait to see you at the Lehman Christmas. (Will you be able to be there?)
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete