To our dear Firstborn,Where have 3 years gone? You are a passionate little boy. You love life so much that some days I think it hurts. You are insightful, determined and sensitive. You are a boy! And you love to tell us that often. You are so proud to be a boy just like your Daddy. If Daddy likes something you like it. You are starting to love music and will spend hours caring around a "drummer" stick banging on anything you can while dancing and singing. You are also learning about God. Yesterday you asked me out of the blue "Where is God?" At moments like that you help to put all that is important into prospective for your mommy. Several weeks ago on the way home from church you listen to your parents talking about church and leadership "stuff" and about life in general. Suddenly we heard you say "Nothing is impossible with God". Once again we were amazed at the incedible mind that God has given you and how he is using you to help us keep things in line. My prayer for you today:
Lord, I pray blessings on this child. I thank you because he is fearfully and wonderfully made. I pray that you would give him a heart for worship and truth. Teach him even now at this young age to understand the difference between right and wrong. Protect him from decisions or influences that would cause regret later in his life. Grow him to be a strong man of God that knows You and will stand for your church no matter what he faces. Give him wisdom. Give Jeremy and I wisdom to raise this son you've blessed us with. Give us patience. Let Isaiah see you in us. Help us to make our home a refuge and a place of laughter for Isaiah will always feel safe.
Amen.
Awesome blog Sabrina a reak tear jerker for a grandma. Bless you
ReplyDeleteTwila H.
Twila beat me to it; but this Grandma echos the "tear jerker", part.
ReplyDeleteMy question was whether the tears were coming from " Mommy's" eyes too, as she wrote !! :)
Happy Birthday to our awesome,precious, first Grandson !! :) Grandma/ Mom
Goodness, Sabrina. You made me cry too :) What a wonderful boy and wonderful parents as well. We are so looking forwards to spending more time with all of you soon. Happy Birthday Isaiah!
ReplyDeleteAngela
Awwwww, you are the best mom!!!! Happy Birthday to Isaiah!
ReplyDeleteLoved the post about the Walmart trip/traps. Cracked me up.
What a great picture and a beautiful prayer. You are doing a great job!
ReplyDeleteYou never know...Isaiah might be that man that kills that drunk mouse for you :)
What a great blog from a great mom! I'm always proud of my "best daughter" and I'm so blessed by your deep insights into life and your ability to write so well. Have a great day in the world of "motherdom"! Dad
ReplyDeleteIt's been awhile since I caught up with you here. That was a touching birthday message--I hope you can put it somewhere more permanent for him to read later. It's nice you are taking time to write like that as the years can fly (or slip)by all too fast and they leave home too soon.
ReplyDelete