Since so many of you seem interested in the recent invasion that has occurred at our house I guess I'll continue the story.
Last night Someone went to Wal-mart for a couple of things. One of which was mouse traps. At least that is what the Other Someone thought, but forgot to remind Someone. So Someone forgot the traps. The forgetting isn't really a bad thing. It simply means that Someone isn't living in fear of Things that like to scamper up your legs and get tangled in your hair. The no traps part was a bad thing for the Other Someone. So, Someone, being very resourceful remembered that we had some rat (RAT!) poisoning left over from our apartment in Gettysburg. (who would think that a cool place like Gettysburg, PA would have mice?)
Someone placed the "food" in the basement then came upstairs to explain to the Other Someone what would happen.
Someone: "Rodents will eat the poison then you will start to see them in about 5 days" (something like that)
Other Someone (thinking) Hmmm. Eat Poison. Sounds good. "See" them in 5 days?
OS: "What does that mean?" (picturing drunk mice slouching around the kitchen)
S: Well, in about 5 days they'll come out and just die right here on the kitchen floor. Nathan will probably play with them.
OS: Not available for comment.
I'm laughing and shuddering greatly at the same time. PLEASE keep us posted. If you need somewhere to come stay for a few days.... = ) it's nice and warm here, the mice have no reason to come inside.
ReplyDeleteHope you don't mind, but I need to share my story with you. A couple of years ago we had a couple of mice in the basement. We did traps, but also rat poison. Well, my laundry is in the basement also. I was sorting laundry one day and what would you know! A dead mouse was laying in the pile!!! (we have a laundry chute which is why the dirty stuff would be down there for a few days) Oh, not only was it a dead mouse, but as it died it must have pooped or vomited b/c there were BLUE stains (from the poison) on one of MY white t-shirts. Gag, gag, gag. I still think about it nearly every time I'm sorting laundry...
ReplyDeleteYou crack me up, as usual. Hope the mouse problem gets fixed soon.
ReplyDeleteStill laughing right out loud! Poor Someone...poor Other Someone. Keep a paper bag handy.
ReplyDeleteFeliza