Friday, April 20, 2012

Update

I'm doing a poor job of updating this blog. :(  There is still a lot of waiting going on and not much to report on.  We met with a Dr. Duncan at Johns Hopkins on Tuesday.  We were very impressed with him.  He was very down to earth and encouraging.  He met with a team of cancer doctors yesterday.   They talked about Jeremy's tumor. It was decided that radiation is not needed now.  They said if this is sarcoma and if it would come back in a few years than they would look at radiation.  We're not expecting to be dealing with this again in 3 years!  Two different doctors at Hopkins have seen the CT scan and think there is a chance that the tumor is benign.  Wow, I'm scared to let myself hope.  My grandma wisely said "Maybe it was cancer, but now it's benign". :)  Hopkins is still waiting for the biopsy from Hershey.  That is slightly frustrating, but will be taken care of.  Dr. Duncan told me he'd get his secretaries on it Monday morning.  Poor things.

In the mean time life goes on.  Not as normal, but it does go on.  We are still experiencing much peace.  I still have grace for each day.  I struggle at times realizing that others lives really are going on when it feels like ours is at a stand still even though it looks like life as normal.  "Consider it pure joy..."  

Thank you for your prayers!

4 comments:

  1. I understand the statement about others lives going on and yours standing still....I totally get that! I found music a real help songs from the hymnal like what a friend we have in Jesus would run thru my head. I am praying for u!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your grandma & I are thinking the same way -- I told Paul the exact same thing!! :) We're continuing to pray for you guys often!

      Love,
      Angie

      Delete
  2. oh my word. such joy. will continue to pray for the journey, for peace, for healing...thanks for the update. ~mis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so amazing how God's grace meets us where we are! I'm praying that it continues to enfold you and your family. My heart is lightened at your news!

    ReplyDelete