Monday, April 09, 2012

Test Results

Easter 2012


This afternoon Jeremy and I went back to the surgeon's office to learn the results of the biopsy he had done last Thursday.  As I mentioned before we have had a lot of peace over this weekend and we were still feeling it this afternoon.  However, the waiting was not easy. We sat in the little room waiting for the doctor for about 15 minutes.  It felt like an eternity.  Like Christmas morning.  Gone wrong.  But we were ok.


Though the full results will not be back for about a week the first test show that the tumor is a sarcoma cancer. At times in life I've tried to imagine how difficult it would be to hear word like "cancer" or "accident" in regards to my husband or children.  I always envisioned myself bent over in physical pain.  Wanting to throw up.  Running out the door.  Weeping uncontrollably.  Instead there was a peace.  I think we both were prepared for these words.  We don't know why we have to walk this road, but God is and will continue to be honored and glorified and He's still in control.  We're seeing it.  While I desperately wanted to hear "benign" I know the longer we walk this journey more glory God gets.   


I'm processing a lot.  I keep trying to type, but then I delete it.  


Our next step is to set up an appointment with the surgeon who will do the needed surgery.  For now, we're going to keep living.  Keep laughing, keep crying, keep believing.


"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus".  Phil. 4:7


"Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me"  Psalm 23:4

10 comments:

  1. I love the Easter picture. Thanks again for sharing from your heart. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful picture! I'm praying often and fervently for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know either of you, but I'm a friend of Brandon. He asked me to pray and I just wanted you to know that prayers are being lifted in SC.
    Phil & Kim Robinson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for your family, Sabrina!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful family pic! your kids are growing up and still as cute as ever (or handsome if they prefer). Thanks for posting! sending love and prayers your way as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picture! Callie is a mini Sabrina! The faith and peace that God is giving you guys is just amazing! Great talking with you today...you are an encouragement to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful family pic!That peace comes only from God for sure! Thanks for keeping us all updated as we pray for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. we are also so sorry you have to walk this road. we are crying out to the Lord on your behalf...Mis.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic picture Sabrina....Keep living! Take more pictures, do family outings make happy memories in each moment...Keep moving forward and you will be amazed at the strength God will provide.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julie (Weaver) StaufferApril 28, 2012 11:30 PM

    Dear Sabrina,

    So sorry to hear of this valley you're going through. I'll be praying for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete