I wrote the last post then came downstairs, curled up in the fetal position on the couch and cried my eyes out. Jeremy's laying on the floor praying on the phone with his day. I cry for my kids. Nate told me yesterday "I don't want Daddy to die". We know they are picking up on stuff even though we have tried hard to keep positive around them. Isaiah was instantly in tears confirming to me that he too has been processing and understands so much. I had to take a deep breath. Then we sat down and I reassured them God is in control and will not leave us and that the doctor does not think Daddy will die. Nate: "God could have made our baby not die and grow up big like we are" (referring to a miscarriage I had in early March -never shared on here. It seemed too raw and hard at the time...) I told them about the thousands of prayers being prayed for Daddy. Isaiah "But God doesn't always answer our prayers." We talked a little more. I reminded them that Thunder Bay Grandma had something like this five years ago and the doctors took it out and she is fine. I think that helped them. In other conversations Isaiah has declared that he believes Daddy is going to be healed. He also thinks the tumor is fat. :) Callie, is just as joyful as ever. However, she does tune into my emotions. Several days ago we were all sitting at the table. I wasn't in tears, but it was "I'm fighting" moment. Jeremy looked at me and said "It's going to be ok." Callie leaned over and said so sweetly "Don't cry Mommy, Daddy lobes you." :)
I'm realizing more and more that this is about surrender. It's not about giving up, it's about giving back what God has blessed me with, abundantly. I cannot control this situation. I must trust. Not that everything here on earth is as it feels it should be, but that my God will supply all my needs. "I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living." (Ps 27 -I think...:)) Not earthly goodness for Sabrina. The goodness of the Lord. Trust.
"Stress isn't only a joy stealer. The way we respond to it can be sin...stress stands in direct opposition to what He directly, tenderly commands: "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God: trust also in me" (John 14:1 NIV, emphasis added). I know an untroubled heart relaxes, trusts, leans assured into His ever-dependable arms. Trust, it's the antitheses of stress. "Oh the joys of those who trust in the Lord (Psalm 40:4). But how to learn trust like that? Can trust be conjured up simply by sheer will, on command? I've got to get this thing, what it means to trust: "May the God of hope fill you will all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you many overflow" (Romans 15:13NIV)"
-from page 146 of "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp. I don't remember how to give credit to who you have quoted, but I must say this is a book worth reading.
Sabrina, my heart is aching so badly for you guys. You've been on my mind and in my prayers. Many of the staff and faculty here at RBC are praying for Jeremy too. It's clear that God's the one carrying you, and I'm praying that this weekend is really awesome and special for your family.
ReplyDeleteWhat can I say? This is a beautiful picture of the way God carries someone through trying and difficult times, yet it is so sad and heart wrenching to read. Love you my sweet friend!
ReplyDeleteYou are a very special woman, Sabrina. I am honored and so blessed to know you. Although your two recent posts brought tears to my eyes, I am thankful for your courage and boldness to share as you walk through this challenging time. May God continue to hold you up as you take one day at a time. We love you guys and are continuing to pray.
ReplyDeleteDear Sabrina,
ReplyDeleteYes, My heart breaks for you and for your children and you having to walk and talk this through with them. You have been on my mind often and I will keep praying.....esp. for trust and peace for all 5 of you. Immanuel, God with us, is here. You are not alone. ~Iris
I'm very sorry to hear about what's going on with Jeremy & your miscarriage too. Your sweet family has been through so much - all at once!
ReplyDeleteWe are praying for you guys! Keep on trusting -- and keep on figuring out how to trust more & more. We will continue to lift you up in prayer! Not that I would ever want you to have to know what this feels like -- but isn't it wonderful to know that when you're feeling depleted or unsure of how to pray, that MANY (SO many!) people are praying for you?! The family of God is a beautiful thing.
Praying lots,
Angie
Ahhh, Sabrina, I was hoping you'd be able to find some words to describe this raw and poignant life experience! I honor and commend you for being willing to share with us! I'm attracted to your deep desire to trust...& I love that you already sense how these two weeks have changed your life perspective! Let yourself sink deeply into God's profound care and LOVE for you these days! Do a lot o f soaking prayer. Know that you are being held and tenderly carried in our loving thoughts & prayer.
ReplyDeleteI love you, Sabrina and your beautiful family. Thank you for sharing, thank you for allowing us to walk with you. You are in very good hands of a very good God.
ReplyDeletePraying for you & your family as you walk this journey . . .
ReplyDeleteSabrina, thanks for sharing so honestly here. It was good to hear what is going on in your heart. You have been on my mind like crazy since Mark talked to Jeremy last week. We love you guys and are praying for you! We are believing for the 20%!
ReplyDeletelove and prayers, Heather
Thanks for sharing your heart, Sabrina. You are in my thoughts and prayers often. May this day be a "good" day.
ReplyDeleteBeckee