Sunday, December 27, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Family Christmas pictures are highly overrated. I give up.
I'm tempted to add "Happy Easter" to the title of this post so I don't have to feel guilty for not posting anything on here for awhile. Just kidding. I wish I could just speak out my post and have them magically appear on here. I find it very hard to feed or burp a baby while typing. :)
I think the best thing about Christmas is that it last so long. Sometimes it feels way to busy, but I do love all the get togethers and the food of course. :) It has been especially fun this year to show off Callie.

Speaking of Callie, she is a very good baby. She's almost 3 weeks old and still just wants to sleep most of the time. Its VERY hard to wake her up. She does have some fussy times mostly because she has a hard time burping. Any suggestions? Once she settles at night she is sleeping great. She usually goes between 6 or 7 hours between feedings at night. The problem has been getting her to settle after the last feeding of the day. Once again, it seems like she has a burp or gas or something and it takes awhile to get that taken care of. She is a sweet baby and even smiles for us once in a while. My Dad seems to have the magic whatever it takes to make her smile. She smiles more for him than anyone else. He's very proud of this. :)

We are enjoying having my parents here. They are at the beginning of a 6 month break from their work in Thunder Bay. They will be around our area until the end of January. They have been a big help to us while adjusting to a new a baby. I think I'm going to be very spoiled at the end of this time.

Isaiah is four and very proud of it. He continues to entertain us with clever thoughts and comments. He is a great big brother to Callie and loves to "check" on her. He isn't always such a great big brother to Nate, but when they want to they can have a lot of fun together. Their kind of fun usually includes running around the house chasing each other or throwing things and laughing as loud as they can.

Nathan is, well, Nathan is Nathan. He is such a little charmer. I feel like I don't often comment on stuff he says like I do with Isaiah's comments. He's a funny little kid, but it is more how he says and does stuff than what he says or does. He gets a lot of attention everywhere he goes. I think it's his pudgy checks that people like. He also is a good big brother to Callie, but doesn't pay as much attention to her as Isaiah does.

Both boys spend a lot of their time playing with Duplos and cars. Any car from the CARS movie is a big hit, especially with Isaiah. The boys bought Callie the car, Sally, for Christmas. I found the car balancing on her face the other day. I'm thinking Nathan was somewhere close by.

Not much has changed lately for Jeremy and I. Well, I lost a few pounds, but that was expected. :) Jeremy has been without much work for awhile now. It has been nice to have him around more, but no work is a stressful too. God has been so faithful and has provided for us in amazing ways. Jeremy is finishing up the bedroom he built upstairs for the boys. Once it is finished Isaiah and Nathan will move up there. I have mixed feelings about having them sleep "so far" away from us. I'm just an emotional, sentimental mother, but what's new? I love being a stay-at-home mom, but often feel like I don't handle the challenges that come with it. I'm thankful for grace and children and a husband that are quick to forgive.

And that pretty much wraps up what's been going on around here. I can't believe we are at the end of another year! Who knows, maybe I'll do a better job of updating this thing in 2010. :) Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!


4 comments:

  1. Your family pic cracks me up! Very nice!! Thanks for sharing the joy. Always good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that Callie is doing so well for you! 6-7 hours at night already?! Amazing! Sophia had a hard time with the burping thing too! I felt like I was always burping her, which would put her to sleep... She finally figured it out, nothing I really did. Now she is a belcher!
    Beckee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, we don't even try family pictures unless it's absolutely necessary! We're typically all very cranky by the end (and we're still lucky if we get one good shot).

    Great update...so nice that your parents can be there to spoil you. :) Glad that Callie is a good sleeper. Greta did the cranky/gassy thing too in the evenings. Holding her laying belly down was about the only thing that worked. That and repeating over and over, "This too shall pass..." :}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great update Sabrina, what a wonderful family, I'm glad mom can be close by. Awesome that gradpa can get the smiles! can you find grip water anywhere? that might help get the bubbles out??
    Twila

    ReplyDelete