Saturday, March 28, 2009

Saturday

Today was a good day. We had something every night this past week. We enjoyed each thing, but we do not like to be that busy. Also, Isaiah seemed to be in the mood to push every boundary and Nathan has not been sleeping well (can't figure that one out??!!) Anyway, last night Jeremy told me that I should go out this morning for awhile. I almost cried. It was not so much because Jeremy offered, he does great at keeping the boys if I need some time away. It was more just the realization that I was going to be alone, away from home. It's been awhile since I've left the house without at least one of them. I feel like I'm complaining about my kids. I don't mean to. I just needed a break. Badly.

I went to the mall first. I found some great deals! I love clearance stuff almost as much as I love tupperware. Actually, more. I stopped at a few other places then went to the library. I found a book on crocheting. I have been wanting to get back into it for months, but I don't remember how. Maybe this book will help.

On to other things. Jeremy and I will celebrate our 5th Anniversary next month. I'd like to give him something. Any suggestions?
I cannot find a nice black maternity dress that I know I had, but loaned to someone. No, I'm not pregnant, but my sister-in-law is and I'd like to see if she could use this dress. I think it's from Old Navy. Does anyone have it?
And just for fun, here is a picture of Nathan in "the glasses". I think my mom bought these for Isaiah almost 3 years ago and they are still in one piece!

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got out alone - it's so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeay for alone time! Hey, we should have a crocheting party! I started an afghan a couple years ago and haven't come close to finishing it. I should get it out one of these days. It's a great relazing thing to do while watching Andy Griffith or something like that. I prefer it to knitting, although I never gave knitting much of a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried knitting, but I can't get it. One needle is much easier for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about the picture idea for an aniversary gift? I'm still open for that if you want to go that route... I'm not sure if I want to say more, does he read your blog?
    Beckee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know the feeling of needing time alone....in a store!! It doesn't happen very often around here. I'm glad you got some yesterday.

    After we ran our 10K in Mobile yesterday, Jason had a Choice Books board meeting. My mother in law told me she would keep the kids all day, and I could stay in Mobile and do some shopping while Jason was in his meeting. Unbelievable!!!!!! I got my thrift on and went to Goodwill. ( : I found some pretty great stuff for not a lot of money. The meeting ended, and Jason went with me to the mall where I picked up a free lotion from VS and a $5 shirt on clearance from Children's Place. Fun, fun, fun.

    And then when we got back home, I really enjoyed seeing the kids again. They were happy to see me, and it felt good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As much as we love our kids, it just doesn't work to be with them 24/7 week after week. At least not for me. I went to Walmart really late one night last week...I'm not sure that I actually needed anything urgently, except for some peace and quiet and no nagging feeling in the back of my mind that I should be working on something at home.

    ReplyDelete