Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Mothering and the need to remember

Some days I just kind stink at being a mom.  To say I hope I'm not alone would imply that I hope other mothers out there aren't doing a great job of mothering each and every day.  I don't mean that when I say "I hope I'm not alone".

If you're reading this blog you know I love my family.  It's just been one of those day. Enough said.

Sometimes on days like this it's good for me to remember the good moments and remind myself that I do somethings right and tomorrow is another new day with no mistakes in it.  (enter emotionally charge music of Anne of Green Gables -I'm feeling better already)

One of the things on our "summer to do list" was a picnic at our local state park.  It was a beautiful evening.  The kids loved it and Jeremy and I did too.  There's just something about sitting by a stream (or in a stream) and listening to the water and the trees that just feels right and relieves stress.  Yes, this is a good memory of a time when I did something good with my family and they loved it.  Yes, I will remember this day...

Picnic -simple for sure.  
Boys
Callie's trying to throw stones like Jeremy.  Can you see the boys in the background?  

Daddy's girl

These are some of the pictures from our evening.  What you don't see is the wet, soaking children, with big smiles.  Or the river Jeremy rerouted, or that happy feeling in my heart.

Tomorrow I shall get up and start again.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Sabrina...I hear you and fortunately or unfortunately you are not alone. And, I think you are doing a pretty awesome job at this mothering thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I agree with everything Angela said.

    After a horrible day I do like to remind myself, "Well, I get a second (or third...) chance tomorrow."

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the post and pics. why don't you come visit me and we'll watch anne of green gables! = ) I know that was't your point, but it would sure be fun.

    ReplyDelete