Monday, October 03, 2011

She is Clothed in Strength and Dignity.

This girl is full of charm.  I love her smile and her giggles will bring out the sun on a cloudy day.  I am continually amazed at how much she mimics me.  If I'm working at the counter she's pushing a chair over to "help".  If I'm doing dishes she is right there, on a chair beside me making a mess.  If I'm baking she's there, trying to eat anything I'm working with stirring and mixing whatever she can get close too.  I pulled out the kitchen aid this morning and she immediately tried to attach one of  beaters.  
If I'm folding clothes, she's folding clothes. Tonight she asked for fingernail polish.  No, she didn't really ask since she still doesn't say many words, but she motioned to her hands and feet and then pointed to the drawer and I knew what she wanted.  (and I wonder why the girl doesn't talk!) Now she has bright pink toes and finger nails with a few smears on her feet and hands.

She's girl, and I like that about her.  Very much.

Tonight I was exercising and she was right there beside me in her diaper and wearing a pink bow in her hair. She was dancing and trying to do the moves.  I thought it was cute.  Then I remembered:

More is CAUGHT than TAUGHT
and then I was sober because I realized that this beautiful little girl is watching and listening to everything I say and do.  It won't be long before she will understand "I need to lose some weight" or "I don't have anything to wear that fits!"  She'll learn so much from the tone of my voice, the missing smile on my face.  She'll know what my "real" is and she'll probably mimic it.  

I recently read Beth Moore's book So Long Insecurity.  I am determined to keep fighting the battle of insecurity because a little someone is watching me.  She sure is precious and she has a beautiful smile and my would you look at the style potential!  

I love you Miss Callie! 

Note the footballs on her gloves. :)  
This is a typical first morning look.  The nuk, the bear,  the messy hair, and yes even the smile. Part of the reason she's smiling on this picture is because her big brother got her up and he of course allowed her to bring the nuk and bear out to the living room instead of making her put it back in her crib.  

1 comment:

  1. CUTENESS!!!! Wow, what a blessing little ones are!! What a great blog you have, thanks for sharing about your beautiful blessings:)

    ReplyDelete