Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Sad Day

This picture has nothing to do with our sad day. My mom sent these boots for the boys. They love them. However, they do take them off a lot. It's not uncommon to see them walking around the yard in their bare or stocking feet. Especially Nathan.

This afternoon Isaiah called me outside to see a little caterpillar he had found. For the next 1/2 hour he carried it around. At one point he told me he was "picking off that yellow stuff". I told him that wasn't a great idea. Nate was pretty excited about the caterpillar too, but Isaiah didn't let him get to close -most of the time. They eventually brought the poor thing into the porch. Somehow it ended up on the floor and the next thing I knew Isaiah was crying and very upset with Nathan. When I went to investigate Isaiah cried "Nathan stepped on the caterpillar". Sure enough, I could see two yellow smears on the brick and then the remaining chunk in a little pile. Nathan was sitting a few feet away looking as if nothing had ever happened. When I looked at his sock (he had taken his boots off) I could see lovely yellow caterpillar guts. Great. I almost cried right along with Isaiah because he was so upset. I also tried hard to hide a smile. Life is not fair.

3 comments:

  1. Your boys are so cute. What a sad story. = ( Life is full of bitter disappointment, starting at such a young age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehahaha...I'm lauging even harder at this story the second time around. Love kids.
    -jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sabrina, Have I ever told you that you have the two cutest little boys in the world !!??:) That picture, pulled pretty hard on this ole Grandma's heart this morning !!
    I always zoom in on these pictures to get as close as I can !
    I believe Nathan's boots are on the wrong feet ! :) :)
    Isaiah sure lives life to the fullest, in sad times and happy times ! :( :)
    Christmas is way too far away !!:(
    I love you and your little guys !!
    Hug them for me today !! Grandma Sondra
    PS I hope Isaiah finds another caterpiller today !! :)

    ReplyDelete