Tuesday, September 29, 2009

End of the Day

It's been a good day. This morning I sorted through the boys winter/summer clothes. I hope it doesn't get real warm again because I've put most of the shorts and t-shirts away. They have plenty of clothes. I've decided that Nate could use a good pair of jeans. However, I hesitate to even buy a good pair because jeans always seem to wear out in the knees, even if they only wear them to church and the like. Isaiah needs a pair of shoes for church. He'd wear his rubber boots if I'd let him. My pride gets in the way sometimes. Other times I swallow hard and look the other way.

This evening I gave Jeremy, Isaiah and Nathan all haircuts. I almost wrote "tonight I gave all three boys a haircut", but I didn't because Jeremy is not a boy. I get tired of hearing grown men referred to as such, even if it is in a joking sort of way. It just seems disrespectful. do you agree? Am I totally off my rocker? Respect is not a bad thing. Back to the haircuts. I don't think I charge enough. What a job. We bought the clippers soon after we were married and I think they are about worn out. If you know what Jeremy's hair is like you'll understand why. Nate's hair is going to be just like it I think.

On to better and brighter things. I'm going to Halifax, NS the end of next month! Someone (who wishes to remain anonymous) is making it possible for me to make a trip to see my dear friend Robyn. I can hardly wait. I know it will be very hard to leave Jeremy and the boys, but they will survive. (note: I'm more sure of this than Jeremy -you can pray for them. :)) I've never been the to east coast of Canada. I'm looking forward to seeing some new things and of course just hanging out and talking and talking with Robyn. Maybe I'll even update my blog once or so just to let you know what we are up to. If I have time that is.

Lastly, here's a conversation I had with Isaiah yesterday. He had just told me he wished he could have a toy moose. I have NO IDEA where that came from.
Me: Did you know that Thunder Bay Grandpa hunts moose with his gun?
Isaiah: Why does he do that?
Me: So he can eat the meat.
I: That's disgusting!

I decided not to tell him about cows or chickens.

3 comments:

  1. So, so, funny! I guess Grandpa Funk has some educating to do about the merits of moose meat, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about packing up Elena's summer clothes because I need the space...but I know that we'll get a really hot week just as soon as I do. : (

    Your vacation away sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the moose conversation! :-) I'm praying for good weather when you come...right now it is POURING rain, and no sign of sun in the near future.

    ReplyDelete