Friday, September 11, 2009

Friday Night

I'm feeling the need to update, but not sure what to say. I'm starting to think seriously about Christmas shopping. Could this possible be the year that I actually get it done early? If a new baby doesn't get me moving what will?!

Before Christmas, however, is fall. My favorite season of all. Sweatshirts and jeans, apple pies and pumpkin rolls, leaves and mums, it doesn't get much better. Bring it on!

Last night I made a roasted tomato and fresh basil soup for supper. It was great and was even healthy. It even smelled healthy.

Isaiah has started speech therapy. Many of you know this has been a concern of ours for awhile. Especially since he was tongue tied until he was 21 months old. It's encouraging to see him making progress. He enjoys his teacher and all her toys too so it's something he looks forward too. If you ever have a baby that is tongue tied fight to have them clipped it at birth. It's worth it.

Nathan is doing great. Thank you for all your prayers. I took him back to our family doctor on Wednesday. It felt great to leave with a healthy child this time. The ENT doctor still wants to see him. I'd like to skip that appointment, we've had a lot lately, but I guess we'll go to one more.

I've forgotten, again, what week of pregnancy I'm in. I used to think that people that forgot such important things were crazy. Hmmm... I just know I have three more months to go. I think. Jeremy, bless his heart, looked at me one day and said "I guess they aren't like a month off or something". :( I'm very grateful for a healthy pregnancy and baby so far. If weight gain comes with that I guess I'll be thankful for that too.

I've taken on a new adventure and decided to sell Avon. Mostly because I don't know anyone that sells it and I really like some of their products. They have the best eye makeup remover I've ever used, and I've tried a lot.

Jeremy and I are getting ready to watch a movie. Nothing like a date night at home on a Friday night. :) Right now Jeremy is telling the boys a story about Brother Hans and Brother Jonathan racing around their house and their Dad scaring them. Isaiah is eating it up.

5 comments:

  1. Oooh, I am so excited that you are selling Avon now. I'd love to see a catalog. Thanks again for the call today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, sounds like Jeremy is giving Isaiah some ideas to use on his own little siblings. :)

    I'm so glad fall is here too! Cooler weather always makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want the soup recipe! Please? Fall is so wonderful...I'm so happy I can make soup again. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'm catching up on your blog! What a week you had. I'm so glad Nathan is better--that must have been very frightening. I would have been crying too--you don't have to blame that on being pregnant!

    I'm glad Isaiah likes speech therapy. That means you have a great therapist! We can certainly empathize with concern over a child's speech.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweatshirts and jeans... I love that too. Great postpartum clothes!
    What movie did you watch?
    Beckee

    ReplyDelete