Saturday, September 19, 2009

Brothers

Last Saturday our church hosted a bluegrass festival at the community center. The boys loved the moonbounce, mini golf and other games planned for the children. They each came home with a little plastic flash light. What is it with boys and flashlights? They love them! Isaiah and Nathan are definitely entering a new phase in their relationship. We're starting to see the brother bonding thing happen. Here are some examples.
  • Nathan still doesn't understand the "rules" to racing cars the way Isaiah would like him too, but they do play with cars together. One throws a car and the then they both laugh like it's the funniest thing they've ever seen. We love hearing them laugh, but our red living room wall now has a nice, white nick out of it. :( No more throwing cars.
  • During prayer time before meals we close our eyes and usually hold hands. Lately it's been a battle to get them to close their eyes and be quiet. One boy looks at the other and starts giggling or making odd noises and it's all over.
  • They dump sand in each others hair. Let me tell you that sand is VERY hard to get out of hair!
  • Isaiah chases Nathan around the house while Nathan runs for his life laughing and screaming until he falls face first into the carpet and hurts his nose. He cries. Then they do it all over again.
  • They get sent to the backyard to play until Daddy gets home because Mommy is tired of the running, throwing, laughing and crying.
  • They strip naked and jump like crazy men in Nate's crib until someone (usually Nate) is crying because he bumps his head or because Mommy or Daddy finally decide to put a stop to it. The question that always remains, how exactly did that blanket get wet??

So, if I am carrying a girl, will she want to throw cars and balls and take flashlights to bed? And the biggest question of all, what do we name her? I'm thinking something that means, peaceful, quiet, gentle, etc. Any suggestions?

9 comments:

  1. Based on experience: Yes, she will want to throw cars and balls and take flashlights to bed. Your boys sound like they're having lots of fun together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, i wish i could tell you that girls only sit around having tea parties and quietly playing dolls. and, i'm imagining that if mine can be as wild as they are, without any brothers to influence them...well, i'm sure your girl will be more lady like than mine are. :)

    how about the name serenity? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure this won't make you feel better about having a girl, but it is amusing. On two separate occasions Monica and I each put a large hole in the drywall of my parent's house. Girls will be girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your boys and their antics sound so familiar :) Maybe because boys will be boys, and when you have several of them, it just multiplies the madness and the fun . . . I'm just looking forward to the Daddy/son getaways they'll have and I can have a house all to myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, what is it with boys and flashlights? Malia means "calm", but doesn't always live up to the name. Maybe it's the older brother factor, but she prefers balls and skateboards to dolls.

    So great when siblings get along and have fun playing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your boys look so big in that picture. Love all the male bonding going on. I thought of Serenity as well - haha. Of you could go with something like River, Flowing Stream, Babbling Brooke, of LaTriva. (just through that last one in there as a bonus)

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry, I'm tired and can't type nun good. or and threw, respectively.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey you! Sounds like your boys keep you extremely busy. I may be merely confirming other opinions here, but girls can be just as rowdy as boys. Hope you find the perfect name soon!

    I can't find your e-mail address anywhere, and I would love to ask you some questions about tongue-tied kids! We're suspecting it with one of ours. jlwx2 at frontiernet.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just got back from the beach and I AGREE.......sand is very difficult to get out of hair!
    I like the name Jolinda for Baby Girl Lehman ;)
    Since Marin was the first-born and didn't have car-throwing brothers, she tends to be less 'physical' in her play. I'm sure Keaton will show her how to really live it up.

    ReplyDelete