Thursday, October 23, 2008

Pumpkin Bars

I love fall. I love the cooler weather, the leaves, sweatshirts, apples, pumpkins, brown, orange, red. You get the idea. One of the best things about fall is the food. I love it. Here is a favorite from the RL Mennonite cookbook (for those of you that have it). I've made it a lot and people love it. Sorry I don't have any pictures. I thought about making it just for the pictures, but then I'd eat it, and when I start eating these things it's very hard to stop.

Pumpkin Bars

3 eggs
2 c. sugar
1 c. oil
1 - 2 c. pumpkin
2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
Nutmeg if desired (I don't use it)
1 c. raisins or nuts, optional (I don't use these either)

Beat eggs. Add sugar, oil and pumpkin; then add dry ingredients. Pour into a greased 11 x 15 pan. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

Icing:
3 oz. cream cheese (soft)
1/2 c margarine (soft)
2 Tbs. milk
1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
Vanilla -just guess :)

Beat cream cheese. Add margarine, milk, vanilla and powdered sugar. Beat. Spread over warm bars.

3 comments:

  1. Sabrina,
    I love the way you write. And I agree, there is something about the smell of autumn that is wonderful. The only thing I don't like is that fall leads to winter. :(
    Beckee

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is this fall of which you speak?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love these!!! My mom just brought them along last time they were here. Yum.

    ReplyDelete