Sunday, June 01, 2008

Memorial Day and Potty training

Weird title I know, but I didn't know what else to call it. We had a pretty good Memorial Day weekend. (by the way I know this is late, but I wanted to post about the long weekend mostly for my records and my mom). Jeremy preached on Sunday so that pretty much shot Friday night and Saturday. We also had a wedding Saturday evening. Sunday after church we drove to Jeremy's Grandma's farm. He's Dad's family was together for the weekend. We had a very nice time. The guys did a round of disc golf while the ladies stayed home and visited and ate some awesome chocolate. :) Isaiah had a blast playing with the marble roller and playing outside. He also took a walk down the lane with Aunt Angela. For those of you that have been to the farm you know how long the lane is. He walked the whole way to the end and back. I was amazed. Nathan did great and loved all the attention he got. He even took several naps. In the evening we hiked back to the woods and enjoyed a camp fire. It was already getting pretty late so we didn't stay long. Jeremy's aunt and uncle make awesome home grown popcorn over the fire. There were also rumors of S'mores, but we left too early to enjoy them. :( It was a great day.
Because of our big day on Sunday I was hoping maybe Isaiah would maybe sleep in a little longer than normal, but oh no. At 7:00 he walked into our room. He is in a bad habit of waking up in a bad mood and it was even worse that morning because he needed more sleep. He also woke up Nathan. So at 7:00 on a holiday Monday morning we had two crying kids already. In an attempt to catch a few more moments of peace I told Isaiah to go talk to Nathan and tell him to be happy. This is what we heard:
Isaiah (in a frustrated, I need more sleep tone) Na'an, be pappy (happy).
Nate: still crying
Isaiah: No, Na'an, be pappy!
Nate: Not happy at all
Isaiah NO, NA'AN, BE PAPPY!!!!
I could go on, because it went on for a few mintues, but you get the picture. Neither were very "pappy". So started our day, which wasn't too bad, just started not real well.

Several weeks ago I started potty training Isaiah. We're still at it. I know they say the mom has to be trained first, and I'm starting to know what they mean. I feel like I do pretty well, but then I'll forget about it and we have a set back. Or things will be going really well, but then we leave home for an evening or a morning and then what do you do? This week looks pretty open so I'm going to hit it hard again. First thing tomorrow I'll start by washing all the underwear that we went through this weekend. All in all, I feel like it's going alright. I didn't expect it to happen overnight.
I recently got my hair cut. I think the lady did a good job as far as an even cut etc, but I'm not real happy with the turnout. Anyway, hair grows. After I got it cut I came home and headed upstairs to find Jeremy and Isaiah. On my way up the stairs Isaiah met me coming down. He looked at me, smiled, and said "you have nice hair". What could I say?
I need to get off. It's Sunday night and the boys are in bed. I actually look forward to Monday's when I know I'm going to be home all day. I enjoy getting life back on track after the weekend. Have a good week!

Isaiah on the tractor at the farm. He told me he was picking corn...I doubt he came up with that one on his own.
Not a great picture, but here's Ivan making popcorn while Jeremy and Alex watch, deep in thought.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a busy weekend. Hope the potty training goes well. I'm not looking forward to that part of mommyhood. You should post a picture of your hair. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I was looking for a picture of the new haircut too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love long weekends. :-) Who doesn't, I guess. I hope the potty training is going okay. I have been very fortunate with A. I hear girls are easier...here's hoping you're having a great week.

    ReplyDelete