
I am enjoying a few moments of quiet! Nathan is sleeping, Isaiah is playing in water at the kitchen sink and Jeremy is at the library. Jeremy is due back in 20 minuets and then he will watch the boys and I'll head to the gym. Then we'll get back together, put the boys to bed and hopefully have some time together.
One thing I am really going to miss after we leave Rosedale is the quiet. Except for the one night we heard someone running around in the pouring rain and singing at the top of her lungs it is pretty quiet here. I'm not looking forward to street noise again, but we will adjust.
I mentioned buying a cookbook online. The cookbook is "Mennonite Country-Style Recipes and Kitchen Secrets". I know some of you have this cookbook (Jessie! :)). Can you tell me what some of your favorite recipes are?
There's a little shirtless boy sitting beside me with a Richard Scarry book so I guess I'd better go.
Hey Sabrina,
ReplyDeleteI sure enjoy your "boring" commentary. I don't agree with you on that one! This is such a neat way to keep in touch. I love the cookbook you bought on ebay - go Girl! Here are several recipes I enjoy. Check out the "quick-fix section" page 585 has 2 recipes I have used. Quick-Mix dump cake and Granola bars. Page 378 - Easy Baked Chicken (I use the "variation" on that one the most) Well I could go on but I must do some other things! Keep up the good parenting! Blessings to you and Jeremy as he studies and you are loving your little men!
A Rhoda
Looking forward to seeing you, Sabrina. Have fun as you finish up at Rosedale.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I keep meaning to ask you what cookbook you got. I LOVE cookbooks. I think I have this one, but I can't remember. Anyway, enjoy all the new recipes you can make. Yea for inspiration!
ReplyDeleteI have this one and really like it. I enjoy reading all the tips and the in-depth advice and stuff that you would call your mom to ask about. I've tried lots of recipes from this one and most of them turn out really good. It's a very practical cookbook which is a HUGE plus in my opinion.
ReplyDeleteI like the picture too. =)
Hi! Wow, I haven't seen you in just about forever and to find out that you are in Rosedale. Oh so close! Hmmm...any chance we could get together before you go back to PA? Our email is kkbucher@gmail.com.
ReplyDeleteI have this cookbook as well. It's my "go to" cookbooks for good Mennonite recipes. "Chili con carne" is good. "Delicious Chocolate Cake", "Chicken Corn Soup", "Old-Fashioned Beef Stew", "Busy Day Casserole", and "Stir-Fried Chicken and Pineapple". Only to mention a few!
~Kristin