Friday, August 04, 2006

Blueberry Recipe

In honor of our Red Lake roots, and because it's blueberry pickin' time in the Great White North, I'm posting a recipe for the best blueberry muffins you will ever eat. My mom gave me the recipe.

Blueberry Streusel Muffins

1 c. butter, softened
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 c. milk
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/2 c. flour
1 1/4 c. sugar
1 Tab. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. fresh or frozen blueberries

Combine flour, sugar and baking powder in a large bowl. Cut in butter with fork or pastry cutter till tiny crumbs form. Remove 3/4 c. of mixture. Now combine eggs, milk and vanilla and gently stir into the flour mixture. Stirring only until all dry ingredients are mixed in. Add blueberries and stril gently.

Fill greased muffin tins about 3/4 full. Sprinkle cinnamon crumbs on top and bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from pan. Makes 15-16 muffins

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sabrina, this is Amy, LaRonda's cousin! Found your site from Rhonda's.:) I will definitely try these muffins and I have a gallon of wonderful NWO blueberries in my freezer! I made the blueberry muffin recipe in the Red Lake Cookbook by Mrs. Larry (Brenda) Britton and Mrs. Alvin (Naomi) Lapp last week but I didn't really like it. Too thick and cakey for my tastes. I'll give this one a try next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you and I should have a bake off!! Check out our recipe site (link on my blog). I just posted what I think are the best muffins I've ever tasted! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy, welcome!! You're on Robyn! :) I'll check out your recipe and get back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. um, maybe you can make me the winning muffins in Sept. Robyn. Okay?

    Play nice, you two. :)

    ReplyDelete