Worship: extravagant respect or admiration for or devotion to an object of esteem (Merriam Webster)
Jeremy preached yesterday on why we worship. Of course there are many reasons we worship, but one of his main points was because of how awesome and powerful our God is. I was struck again with how much I take this for granted. The God we worship (or should worship) created us (read CREATED us). Jeremy pointed out that even in our world if you create something you are given the recognition for what you created. That is why we have copyrights and patents. However, when it comes to God we tend to ignore everything He created and he allows it, for now. Since God did create us He could force us to worship Him, but he doesn't, He gave us a choice, for now. One day we all will worship Him.
I've been challenged to give God the worship He deserves everyday. Give him the recognition for who He is. I choose to worship Him today, while I have the choice.
Read Revelation 4 and 5 -very powerful
Great reminder! Thanks.
ReplyDeleteI didn't know Jeremy preached! Thank you (him) for the thought provoking comments.
ReplyDelete