Saturday, April 16, 2011

Links

Here are a few sites that I have been enjoying lately.

Our Best Bites -I'm pretty new to this site, but it's interesting and fun. Their Everyday Cinnamon Rolls are so easy and absolutely amazing. Sorry PW, you may have lost the top spot.

Make it and Love it -If you enjoy sewing or crafts check out this site. Her tutorial section is great.

Homemade Powder Laundry Detergent -I don't follow this blog, but a friend gave me this link for this recipe. So far I have been pleased with it and it is so much less messy than the last recipe I used that called for several gallons of water.

Homemade Yogurt -another site I don't follow. My sister-in-law gave me this link and I finally made yogurt last night. I love it! Much better results than other methods I have tried. Thanks Cindy!

4 comments:

  1. Love the links! Can't wait to check out the cinnamon rolls! :) I looked at that laundry soap recipe & I use a very similar one, but mine has an equal amount of baking soda in it also (equal to the borax & washing soda). Wonder what the difference is? Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I think you've convinced me to try the cinnamon rolls, except since I'm taking them to a potluck I'm a little nervous to try a new recipe. Whaddaya think? No fail?
    Also, does your yogurt get stringy? Mine always seems to, so I'm curious about this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristi -I might try adding the baking soda! I bet that would help whites. Thanks for sharing.

    Robyn -I have only tried the cinnamon rolls one time so I can't say they are tried and true, never fail. Maybe make something you know for sure will turn out, but you must try these sometime! I know what you mean about yogurt getting stringy. I have had this problem before too, but I usually blamed it on recipes that called for gelatin. I'll have to test it, but I didn't think about this batch being stringy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay good to know. thanks :-) I trust your cinnamon buns...you are Mennonite, after all. ha!

    ReplyDelete