Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Whoopie Cakes

Why is that when I ever I make whoopie pies they turn out as flat as pancakes? I've tried two recipes now, added flour, increased the oven temperature and chilled the dough, and still they are flat! Any suggestions? Rhonda, I might try the pumpkin recipe you posted about. This is so frustrating. I'm wondering if is my gas oven.

6 comments:

  1. those pumpkin ones were actually almost too rounded for me, so maybe for you they'd be normal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried and I think I won't bother! I'll wait until you've figured it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sabrina, I am so sorry !! Did you use the one in the Red Lake cookbook ??
    Adding the extra flour should have helped it ??
    Maybe try something else for what you are making them for ??
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen-blog/2010/10/a-tasty-recipe-pumpkin-creme-pie/

    I tried this one and although the recipe wasn't the easiest and quickest, they turned out very good I thought. Maybe you could give them a try? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for you suggestions, or lack there of (Tina! :)). Jessie, I think I might try PW -thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has a nice ring to it - I think you and Jeremy should start calling each other 'whoopie cakes!'

    In all seriousness, I have no clue. I tend to have the opposite problem and they puff up the size texas (tend to - the 2 times I've made them in the last 950 years). I like them a little flatter and more dense/moist. I made the pumpkin ones and they are amazing, but high. = )

    ReplyDelete