Sunday, November 14, 2010

Getting to the Point

  • It's Sunday. The past week has been full. I have much on my mind. Much to be thankful for. Much room to grow
  • Several weeks ago we had a visiting speaker at our church for several meetings. I was greatly convicted that I am afraid to reach out to the lost in my neighborhood.
  • I had a dream this week that confirmed the message God had laid on my heart about reaching the lost. I don't think every dream is a message, but I'm pretty sure this one was. Now, what will I do about it?
  • Jeremy and I are aunt and uncle again and this time to nephews! Brandon and Cindy welcomed Adam and Ashton early Tuesday morning. Callie had a rough night that night. Maybe she was thinking of her new cousins. While awake with her God prompted me to pray for Cindy not even knowing that she was in labor. When God tells you to pray. Pray.
  • Isaiah turned 5 on Friday. I can hardly believe it. He is no longer a baby, no longer a toddler, he's a boy. Five, but well on his way to 10 I'm sure. He really is growing up and he is a lot of fun too.
  • Jeremy was away from Thursday to Saturday night. It's so good to have him home. I am blessed.
  • I'm drinking tea. I've recently been liberated from thinking I have to enjoy tea. I'd much rather drink coffee. However, I've also realized that I do like good old regular black tea. I recently found some bags of Red Rose in my cupboard. I think my mom gave them to me. Can you buy Red Rose tea in the states? It tasted great.
  • Yesterday while the children slept I was catching up on some Revive our Hearts programs I had missed, but wanted to hear. The subject was on Stewardship of your Fertility (Nov. 8,9,10). I believe half of you were just about to sign off of this blog.... The guests were Steve and Candice Watters.
  • And so I begin another week. Another shot at trying to keep my priorities straight. Keeping what's important, well, important. Realizing that I can not raise children to be adults or be the wife I want to be and know I should be without a lot of grace.

3 comments:

  1. Sabrina, this post really makes me want to sit down and talk with you for hours. I remember talking about our neighbors when you were here last fall and it is a conversation I have often thought about. I am interested to hear what God is saying to you. You are so right - we need His grace. I have been reminded recently just how poor of a mom I am without it. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and Stewardship of my fertility? Hmmm I might have to listen to this one. Never heard of anything like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've recently been liberated from thinking I have to enjoy coffee. :) It seems like such a "grown-up" thing to do, but I can't seem to find much pleasure in it. (Unless large amounts of chocolate are also involved...that seems to help.)

    ReplyDelete