Saturday, October 31, 2009

Nova Scotia

Where do I start. I had a wonderful trip to visit Robyn. I had a hard time believing I was actually going until I was sitting on the plane and now that I'm home it almost feels like it was a dream -a very good dream. Here are some highlights:
-Talking. We talked and talked and I think there are still a few things we didn't cover. When you've known each other for as long as we have (probably since we were 2??) there is a lot to talk about.
-I really enjoyed getting to know Robyn's four daughters. Robyn is a great mother. I watched with interest and awe as she mothered four children. I didn't seen any balls or cars in the house. I did seem some very cool paper dolls and and doll babies. :) I enjoyed hearing girl talk.
-Drinking coffee. I should have kept track of how much we drank (or maybe not :)) Robyn even made us pumpkin lattes. Wow! I also got to enjoy a cup from Tim Horton's. I'm always amazed when I'm in Thunder Bay, and on this trip as well, at how many people you see carrying a cup from Tim's. It's amazing! I don't see many people carrying cups of any kind around here, let alone from one coffee shop, well maybe Starbucks, but nothing like Tim Horton's.
-Along with the coffee cups I saw a lot of different sights. The beauty of the area is in having "bush" and ocean right next to each other. I felt like I was in Ontario, and yet I wasn't. I loved seeing all the little fishing boats and houses and of course the ocean.
-We visited Peggy's Cove, population 45, on Sunday afternoon. I really think that was my favorite place to see. The waves were amazing. The lighthouse was beautiful. Then you turn around and look at the tiny village and see little brightly colored buildings, lobster traps, even a little church with a steeple. It felt like something out of a movie or a good book.
-We visited Lunenburg on Monday. Another very neat little town. I loved all the red and green buildings and ships and fishing boats.
-Robyn and I went to a farmer's market on Saturday morning. The place was packed, but it was very interesting. So many different types of vendors and cultures. We each had crepes. Mine was honey, almond and lemon. Very good!

Honestly, the only thing I didn't like about the trip was missing Jeremy, Isaiah and Nathan. I talked to Jeremy everyday on the phone, but the boys weren't too interested in talking for the most part. Just hearing their voices in the background made me want to cry. I'm such a wimp. They all did great without me, but I'm thankful to say they were happy to see me come home too. There is nothing like being away from Jeremy for a few days to remind me again that he is my best friend and I miss him when we're not together. I'm sure Robyn got sick of hearing "I wish I could show this to Jeremy". It's amazing how another person can influence you. I can assure you that 7 years ago the tower built to honor the man that invented the time zones would not have interested me at all! (I did see it by the way, I just can't remember the name. And it is such a good/odd name too. Robyn, you'll have to help me)
Now that you're bored with details, here are a few pictures.
Four of my hosts. :)

The following pictures are from Peggy's Cove.

(This picture will hopefully satisfy requests for belly pictures. :) 34th week)

8 comments:

  1. Wow, looks and sounds like SO much fun! Glad you had a great trip/ How long were you there? Glad the guys did okay without you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the 4 cutest ever clowns in the whole universe!! I'm so happy for you and Robyn to have had that time together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am so glad you could do that trip! it looks amazing. love those clowns, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing...looks like you had fun! I am so glad that you could go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I amen the "glad that you could make this trip "!! :)
    And thank you for giving us a glimpse of your time there with Robyn, by way of words and pictures !!
    Take care of that belly, and thank you for answering my requst to see it !!:) Love you Mom
    PS Thank you, Jeremy for letting her go and for managing so well on the home front !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sigh. What great memories. I think you overstate my mothering abilities but who am I to complain? :-) I am going to steal the pic of you and I...Oh, the tower is the Dingle Tower. :-) For some reason my jaws hurt when you left...ha ha
    Thanks for coming, and thanks to Jeremy for not complaining about eating frozen casseroles and putting kids to bed alone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had lots of fun! Gorgeous scenery!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even tho' I don't know the two of you well, it's very lovely to see you there enjoying this special time together! ~SH

    ReplyDelete