Monday, October 19, 2009

Placentas, Perogies and Purell

I don't like germs, but I'm not a freak about them either. I believe our bodies were created to fight sickness, if we take care of our bodies. Of course we all get sick sometimes though so I have been making sure we all wash are hands more often and do it well due to the sicknesses that are going around right now. Today I was reminded again of just how important it is to wash hands.

Jeremy was home today so I did a Wal-Mart run while the boys were taking their naps. I waited in line as at the checkout. Right before the cashier started ringing up my purchases she sneezed right into her hands. She then pulled out a paper towel, blew her nose and then started running my stuff through the scanner. I just watched her and tried to figure out if there was anyway I could get all these groceries home without the added germs. As I was pushing my cart away from the checkout I noticed the lady that had been waiting behind me (and had seen the whole thing) hand the cashier a bottle of hand sanitizer and asked her if she'd mind using it. I don't think I would have the guts to do that, but rest assured that if you were the third person in our line your groceries should be somewhat safe. I don't mean to be unkind by sharing this story. I felt bad that the lady had to work when she was sick, but it reminded me again, that my health, or lack there of touches more than just me.

On a totally different note. Rachel posted on facebook tonight that she could eat a perogie. Oh man, did that make me hungry for perogies. The amazing thing is that I have some in my freezer. My friend Tina used to make them for me fried with onions and bacon and of course served with a ton of sour cream. So good. I was fighting the urge to make some after reading her post, even though it was 9:00 and this baby does not need any more carbs. Then I was looking at some pictures on fb that a friend posted of her newborn baby. What a cute baby girl! She also posted a picture of her placenta. Now, the picture was pretty amazing, especially since I'm 34 weeks pregnant, but it was kind of gross too as such pictures can be when you're pregnant (or not). I am no longer hungry for perogies! It did peak my interest in placentas though so I did a search and read this. Don't tell me there's not a God!

4 comments:

  1. lady, you should win a prize for that title!! wow. :)

    good reminder about hand washing! i can only imagine what all we get on our hands when out and about here...ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, now that perogies follows the word placenta in your title, I'm not sure if I'll ever eat them again either. = O Dave got some perogies at Whole Foods but they're potato and onion which I've never had. Didnt' have any yet. Yes, the washing hands thing, I also sometimes thing about... elevator buttons. I try not to freak out about germs too much as well, but I use elevators every day and think about all the people who have touched those buttons with who knows how clean of hands. sorta gross.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - I never imagined those 3 "P" letter words together in one place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your title and I LOVE that picture of you guys! You should definitely frame it. I would blog longer but I have to go clean my house for my company!!!!!

    ReplyDelete