Part of the reason I wrote what I did yesterday and why it struck me is due mostly to the questions that Isaiah has been asking lately. I wish I could remember them all. I should start writing them down and then post a whole bunch of them.
One question I heard him ask Jeremy the other night was "Why does Jesus love bad people if bad people killed Him?". Jeremy does a great job of facing these questions head on. I'm not sure how he answered that question, but a few minutes later the phone rang and it was for Jeremy. I took Jeremy the phone and he told Isaiah he could ask me the question they were discussing. Jeremy looked at me and said "we're on the sword of the Spirit". :(
The Trinity also confused Isaiah. (why wouldn't it?) We've gone though different questions about it. One was "Is Jesus in God's belly?
Maybe I shared this already on here, but several months ago Isaiah ask my aunt (lives across the street) if he could borrow and purse from their toy box. I wasn't too sure about it, but decided to see what he would do with it. Awhile later I looked outside to see Isaiah taking stones out of his "purse" and throwing them at Nathan. When I asked him what he was doing he told "I'm David and he's Goliath". Pray for Nathan. Daily.
I'm sure you all have stories like this. Kids are so smart! I feel like my brain wears out by the end of the day trying to come up with answers to his questions. I am thankful for a bright little boy though. :) Nate is just starting to talk. We'll see...
Thanks Sabrina, for being so open about your fears and God's words of comfort to you. Already I am facing many self-doubts about parenting, but God has proven to be the best encourager. It also helps to hear that not everyone has it all figured out.:) Thanks!
ReplyDeleteWow! Isaiah is so inquisitive! I had better get my head on straight because I believe we are going to be in the same stage soon enough!
ReplyDeletePraying for Nathan:)
Beckee
Goodness! Is he going to be a theology professor when he grows up?
ReplyDelete