Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Heeeellllooow!

I am going to post something on my blog TODAY. How many times have I said that? I'd like to just post pictures, but the batteries in the camera are dead so that will have to wait. What have we been up to?

-We had a great time with Brandon, Cindy and Anna and the rest of my family the beginning of May. We switched houses with Jeremy's parents for a long weekend (their house is much bigger that ours) and we were all together for the first time in a year. It was a good time. We now number 8 adults and 7 grandchildren with one on the way. Angel and Riah are great babysitters!

-3 days after Brandon's left and the same day Mom and Dad left Jeremy and I and the boys left for NC and the beach with Jeremy's family. The boys had some difficult moments, but overall we had a good week. The weather was perfect. This was the first time I've been to the beach and actually spent more than a few hours on the beach. I even got a little bit of a tan!! Mostly freckles that make me look old though. :( Isaiah really didn't like the ocean, but he liked the sand and LOVED the swimming pool that we went to several times. Nate was scared of the ocean until our last day there. Then he loved it. I decided it was a good thing we were leaving or our beach times weren't going to be very relaxing anymore. I'll post pictures from both vacations soon.

-Through both weeks with our families I felt really good. I still have moments and often fight a nasty taste in my mouth, but overall I feel like I'm almost normal (whatever that is when you're pregnant!) again. I still can't handle coffee. :(

-This week is the first week since the week before Easter that I have actually felt like doing anything or was home enough to do anything. I love it! Yesterday the boys and I went to four different places. I was exhausted till we got home, but it felt so good to be able to actually grocery shop without worrying about pucking. The boys did great too.

-Nathan just gave me a hug from the back. I love it. He's always into something. Today I found him lifting the lid on the toilet and saying "potty". I thought, yeah right, but we'll give it a try. I tried to stand him up next to it (like he sees Isaiah doing) to see what he would do. No desire to pee at all. He lifted his feet and wanted to get in. Yep, we'll wait until he's 3.

-While I'm talking about toilets and just to gross you out a bit. Here's a conversation I just had with Isaiah about 1/2 hr ago. He was sitting on the toilet:
I: Mommy, did Nathan poop?
Me: Awhile ago
I: No, did he poop right now?
M: No
I: I smell poop
M: That's your poop Isaiah
I: Oh

-Have you ever lost something and thought it was gone for good? A couple weeks ago I realized I was missing the 1/4 c. measuring cup from my beloved Tupperware measuring cup set. I looked everywhere but couldn't find it. It really was bugging me. I figured I must have thrown it out or something. I missed it! I didn't like opening up that drawer and seeing all the other cups cupped together without their littlest friend 1/4. Well, wouldn't you know on Monday I opened up a container of oatmeal and there was my measuring cup. I was/am so pleased!

-I planted our little garden today. So late, but hopefully we'll still get something. We decided against the big one just because we've been too busy to make it happen. Maybe next year. I've been wanted to grow some herbs for awhile so I picked up some basil. Has anyone else grown it? I had no idea there were so many different kinds of basil to choose from. I can't remember which one I picked?? Something like Globe Spicy Basil.

-My mother-in-law gave us some fresh strawberries. (She knows my weakness!) They were so good! Last evening I made a pie. We waited until the boys were in bed (feeling guilty, but I only had one pie) We ate all but one piece of that thing! I will say that I only ate about a 1/4 of it, but I could have eaten more. Sometimes I keep fresh stuff like strawberries just for eating plain because I hate the idea of baking them. (why?) I think I'm starting to see things differently. I plan to make at least one more yet before the season' is over.

-I walked into the living room today and found Nate sitting on the coffee table with with door mat over his head. He does stuff like this all the time. Odd.

-I need to get off. Now that I've made the plunge back into blog world I will try to keep it up. I will try to post some pictures soon.

8 comments:

  1. Sabrina, SOOOOO glad to ck your blog, and it did not say,"We have a Date" ! :) I wonder how many times I checked in the last two weeks ??
    Now I need to see some pictures !!:)
    Also I am so happy to hear you sound normal again, and feel up to handling life again !!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey from Twila, I too was tired of seeing "we have a date" I'm looking forward to pictures of your families. glad your feeling better.
    Twila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! Glad you know you're alive and sound more well than ever. I'll try to wait patiently for pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woooo! Glad you're back. :) Missed your posts and seeing you at church!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy you posted again! That story about Isaiah made me laugh!!!!!! So funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice to hear from you! The thought of Nate sitting on the coffee table with the mat on his head made my day.
    Fresh strawberries - wow. I don't blame you for not wanting to bake them! In fact, I didn't know people baked strawberry pies. If I use them for pie I bake the crust first and then put them in fresh. I would like to taste yours sometime.
    Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you're feeling better and good to have you back in the blogosphere! I'm the same way about fruit...apples (and occasionally bananas) are the only fruit I can use for baking without feeling wasteful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Robyn, I did bake the crust first and then put like a jello filling over the strawberries in the crust. I didn't actually bake them, but it still didn't seem like we were eating them fresh. so good though!

    ReplyDelete