Friday, June 12, 2009

Yard Sales

This morning I took the boys to a few yard sales. I wasn't sure how it would go, but decided to give it a try. I was pretty pleased with how well they did. I was VERY pleased with the bargains I found. Here's a list:
-The book "Have a New Kid by Friday", hardback $.50. I've heard so much about this book.
-A pair of Reebok shoes for Isaiah to grow into. They're almost new $1.00
-Two matchbox cars $.25 pc. Isaiah proudly told the man that he likes racers!
-Two hats for the boys -free. They were at the same place as the cars. I think Isaiah made a new friend. I was just going to get Isaiah one since we just realized that he had lost his on our vacation. Then the man told him to just take it and pick one out for his brother too.
-A spring/fall coat for Isaiah $.10
-Two pairs of pants for Isaiah for next year $.35
-A pair of Nike shoes for Nathan $1.00
-A brand new pack (6 pairs) of socks for me for $.75. I think they are the nicest socks I've ever worn! I needed them BADLY, but just kept putting of buying them. They aren't that expensive, but how boring is it to buy socks??!!
Sometimes I come home from yard sales and wonder why I bought what I did. Today I came home with stuff that I have been wanting to buy, but haven't found yet. The hat for Isaiah was great. He loves hats and was so disappointed when he realized he had lost his other one. Also the shoes for Nathan. I have been looking for something for him because all he has is his crocks, which are great, but he needed sneakers. And of course the socks for me made the whole trip worthwhile. Just for the record the socks were brand new, still in the packaging. :)


The only downside to our day, other than saying "No, we don't need that either" about a million times, was that our car sort of died on us. I love our HONDA and trust it so much, but not today. I made it to my uncles shop and left it there. I was so thankful that it was on our way home and it wasn't on a busy road and that we were so close to my uncle's place. He kindly called my Grandma to pick us up and Jeremy picked up the car this evening. Turns out I could have driven it home, but it all worked out. I'm also very thankful for a husband that can fix things! It took about $100 in parts and his evening, but the car is fixed and ready for me to trust with my life again. :) Have I mentioned before how proud I am to have a husband that can fix things?

Here are the boys with some of our finds.

Isaiah wore his hat and his jacket to take his nap this afternoon. I have no idea why he is wearing mittens. He found them in the closet and wanted to wear them. He had to be roasting! I pick my battles.

Here's Nathan with his hat. He almost never wears them correctly. In case you're wondering, yes, he was VERY dirty, but very happy.

5 comments:

  1. Apparently I checked my Reader 2 minutes after you posted -- probably the freshest post I've ever read!

    Yay for good garage sale finds! I haven't taken the energy to actually browse through any sales, but Elena and I have been doing quite a few slow drive-bys lately. I'm looking for one of those Little Tykes toddler picnic tables so I'm pretty sure it would be sitting out in full view if one were available.

    Your boys are growing bigger and cuter every day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking for a bike for Isaiah so I've driven buy a lot too. It's amazing how hard it is to find a little boys bike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go yardsaling! What great finds.

    I love to go to yard sales, but I have really gotten out of the habit. I tend to buy things I don't need. I somehow feel rude walking away not even spending a dime! I guess that's my own problem.

    But last Saturday I found a practically new Dora riding toy for $2, a supercute dress for Helen for $1 and a pair of sparkly slippers for Helen for 50 cents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sabrina, I am happy for you on the yard sale bargains !! The Lord provides !!!
    But I enjoyed the pictures of those dear little boys, the best !! :)
    Nathan is loosing his baby look !!
    I think Isaiah will be a fashion designer, someday !! :) Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it great when you actually find great deals and things you need at garage sales? Usually when I go looking for a specific thing, I can never find it and feel like I just waste tons of time. but every once in awhile, it all works out.

    ReplyDelete