Monday, February 16, 2009

Still Here

I feel like I should post something on here, but I really don't know what to post. Life is a little crazy right now.

We got home from Rosedale around 11:3o PM Friday night. It's crazy to bring two little boys into a house they haven't seen in 6 weeks at that time of night. They both slept for most of the last two hours so they were ready to play when we got here. I think it was about 1:00 or 1:30 until I put Nathan to bed and Isaiah followed soon after. We went to bed around 2:00 and Isaiah was still not sleeping. Jeremy hung blankets over the windows in their room hoping maybe they'd sleep in. Nope, 7:30 and Isaiah was ready to get up and start playing again. Oh to be 3 and live to play! The late night is hard, but it was so nice to wake up at home and have a day to unpack and relax.

I must say it is a little, ok a lot, overwhelming to come back to a fully furnished house. After living in an apartment with only the basics you get used to the feel of opening a cupboard and seeing empty shelves, and closets that aren't packed full. The down side of this is that you don't have the odd spice or pair of shoes when you'd like to have them. Now that I'm back in my kitchen I'm trying to figure out what I can do to organize my space better. I'm starting to agree that clutter can cause stress. I was amazed to open my cupboard and see how much stuff I have in there! I'm ready to pull out my organizing book again. One thing that makes my kitchen look nice, but really takes away from the amount of cupboard space is that 3 of the cupboard doors have glass in them. Maybe I'll post a picture sometime and you can give me feedback.

Most of you know that due to our lovely economy Jeremy is without a job. He's been blessed to be able to do some construction jobs and that has helped a lot. We always say that God will provide, but when all people are talking about is how bad the economy is and how no one has any work it gets a little scary. God really has provided for us in so many ways and we feel very blessed. Even so, the not knowing that goes with not having a regular income is stressful. I don't like to post bummer news, but this is such a part of what my life right now that it's hard to leave it out. I am amazed at the peace that God gives us when we seek Him. He really is in control.

In closing, I'm wondering at what age you should start to teach a child about the Trinity.
Isaiah "Mommy, God made my booboo feel better. Jesus isn't very good at that". ???!!

4 comments:

  1. Just a word of encouragement that your "kitchen clutter", will not look as overwhelming in a few days !
    I ALWAYS come home from a period of time away from home, and return to feel like I have to get this house ORGANIZED and NOW !!IT is all part of coming back home , I think !
    WE are praying much for Jermey's job situtation !
    I love to hear how that little brain of Isaiah's, works over time !!
    Who is his Sunday school teacher !? :) Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just imagine your kids be-bopping around the house at midnight having the time of their lives. : ) Hope that wasn't a continuing trend at all! (uh, the bebopping at midnight...not the having fun part...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home :-) I hope you start to feel organized again. I'm still living in some chaos, but if you can concentrate on making one room at a time seem homey and organized you will feel better. Give yourself time and don't worry what anyone else thinks. :-) Isaiah's line is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a reminder to me of when we had to move out of our home due to a house fire when the kids were tiny and we lived in this gorgeous furnished cape cod and I had like NOTHING in my cupboards...dishes were a BREEZE and the clothing was minimal too...I was SO content during those weeks...somedays I long for simplistic lifestyle again....but families NEED things too and its hard to say what is a need and a want...hang in there...you are NOT alone in the dilemma..lol

    ReplyDelete