Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Cinnamon Knots

One thing about living at Rosedale for 6 weeks, that is hard for me, is not having the usual baking ingredients in my kitchen. It's not a hardship by any means, just not convenient when I get an urge to bake. I don't know what it is about this place, but it puts me in the mood to bake cinnamon rolls or something along those lines. This year I came a little better prepared. I brought yeast and cinnamon. What else could you need? When I started looking on Taste of Homes website for a cinnamon roll recipe that didn't require anything strange beyond cinnamon and yeast I was amazed at how hard it was. Do you all keep maple flavouring in your kitchen? That one would have stumped me at home too! Most rolls also have frosting that calls for powdered sugar. Something I didn't think was worth bringing or buying considering I use very little of it at home. Anyway, this is getting much longer than I thought it would. I finally found this recipe. I've made it three times since we've been here!!! I did give some of them away, but we ate way yonder too many ourselves. (Did you hear Andy Griffith in that last sentence?) Another thing I learned from this recipe is that, low and behold, you can actually knead bread without a Kitchen Aid! Wow! What a great workout for my arms. Or it would have been if I hadn't eaten half the knots myself. :( You really should try this recipe. You won't be disappointed! P.S. the full name is Cinnamon Love Knots. Something just doesn't sound right about that name...

8 comments:

  1. These look great Sabrina - maybe I should make them for Dave on Saturday... hmmmmm..... but my question is, did you serve them with a hearty helping of love, as the recipe suggests? I love tacky sayings like that! Makes me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look so yummy, and the ingredients are all "normal" things you would find in your kitchen anyways . . . maybe I'll have to try them sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! Those look great! I'm so jealous you and LaRonda had a weekend together... :-( Glad for you though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are returning, Sabrina. Somehow I haven't made it to Bible Study since you've been gone. I was partway there one week, but ended up turning around and going home...I am looking forward to going tomorrow! The time has flown by for me. Has it gone quickly for you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. yum! i will try those someday, for sure!

    also, i'm very curious. am i alone in keeping maple flavouring in my kitchen? it's a must-have for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep maple flavouring. And I also use too much powdered sugar. And I love cinnamon rolls. I'm making some today, as a matter of fact. =) I truly loved our 9 months at RBC. We only had 3 kids then and we lived in the apartment directly below yours! I was more of a whimp than you though...I took my kitchen aid along.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look great Sabrina. You sure are keeping the line of wonderful cooks alive in your family! Your Mom and Grandma can be proud of you! -- A Rhoda

    ReplyDelete