Saturday, December 06, 2008

List

I'm accomplishing some things on my list!

-Jeremy hung the lights on the porch (the same day I posted the list I think!)

-I've read the Christmas story once,

-Made two batches of cookies. Isaiah helped with one.

-Started decorating. Isaiah helped me put up the nativity (probably my favorite decoration)


-We put up the tree last night. It's one of those pre-lit deals. We knew when we bought it that it might not last real long, but for the price we paid we figured it was worth a try. Plus, Isaiah was only a couple weeks old so anything easy looked very inviting. When we pluged it in last night the middle section did not light up. Oh no. Have you heard the Christmas song about the guy trying to hang Christmas lights? My dear husband was very patient and eventually got them fixed. I haven't put any decorations on yet, but even just the lights look nice. Isaiah helped us and absolutly loved it. He kept jumping around he was so excited. Nate was already in bed, but he well, er, a, did something in his diaper so I had to get him up to fix the problem so we decided to see what he thought of the tree. He was thrilled to say the least. He kept grinning and of course wanting to touch it. I'm a little worried about what he'll do once it's decorated. Maybe I won't put any decorations on this year. We'll see. Anyway, here are a few pictures from the last few days.



It is so much fun to watch Nathan explore the sights of Christmas. On the picture above notice his right hand starting to reach for something. (do you think he needs a hair cut?)


This picture doesn't show much of the tree, but it captures Nathan's excitement and wonder.
Here's the cookie bake. Notice Nathan behind me. Jeremy gave him a taste of the dough and he begged for more until we finally gave him a baked cookie. He spent most of the rest of the evening standing by the table begging for more cookies. :(

3 comments:

  1. Cute pictures. I think Nathan looks like a small version of your big brother in the picture of him and the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures of Nathan with wonder in his eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that black and white picture...that is so precious.

    ReplyDelete