Sunday, June 08, 2008

Humidity and Sweet Potatoes

We are in the middle of the first hot and humid spell of weather for the summer. To say I dislike it would be way to mild of a word to describe my true feelings. Honestly, it makes me grumpy. I know I shouldn't complain because we've had a very cool spring, but unfortunately my body doesn't store "cool spring" to pull out when it gets hot. I don't mind the heat, it's the humidity that is hard to handle.

Now that I have that off my mind I'll move to more uplifting things. Friday night we took the boys for ice cream. (Nathan of course only had Cheerios, but he was happy) Then we went in search of a little pool for them. Everyone else must have had the same idea because they were out of them at Wally World. Saturday we found one at Kmart. Both boys love it. As you can see from Nathan's dry hair, this was one of the first pictures I took. Poor Nathan. Things like getting water dumped on his head seem to happen to him alot lately. Like I said Isaiah loved it. I heard him get up this morning and run to the door. It was locked of course. Jeremy and I were still in bed. Next think I knew there was a little face about two inches from mine saying "swimming pool?" Hopefully this excitement lasts all summer.
Sweet potatoes are one of the easiest things to feed a baby. I buy a bunch of them, stick them in the crock pot for a few hours and they're done. Then all I have to do is peel them and blend them up and we have baby food. Nathan is eating a lot of other foods now, but I still like to have sweet potatoes around to mix in with whatever. All of that to say I have a hard time looking at these things. Don't they look odd? Kind of reminds me of the groundhog, George, that used to live under our shed. Or maybe some kind of rat. I usually cut off the nose part first so I don't have to look at it while I peel it.
And lastly, does anyone recognize this cupboard?




5 comments:

  1. Hey Sweetheart! This is your husband by the way. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your last couple posts. It was interesting to read your take on the last few weeks. I didn't realize our life was so eventful and funny, but you made me laugh as I thought about the events that you described. I'm on my lunchbreak and I thought I would leave a comment. It's been a while since I posted any comments. Hope you're having a great day.
    I love you!

    p.s. You're a great writer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking that a pool wouldn't be a bad idea. Would it look funny to cram my 5'8" self into a kiddie pool? We're actually in GA right now...might make me appreciate the slightly lesser OH heat when we return!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never viewed a sweet patato in from such a vantage point before - thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally enjoyed your sweet potato outlook. So funny and true!
    -jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree- sweet potatoes bug me too, but I couldn't quite put a finger on what it was that bothered me. Thank you :-)
    You always make me laugh. I wish you could send some heat up here...it's jacket weather today. Sad but true.

    ReplyDelete