Monday, December 03, 2007

I'm enjoying a few quiet moments before Nathan wakes up. I feel like it's time for a post, but I can't think of much to say so this could get interesting...

I had Isaiah to the doctor on Friday for his 2 year check up. He weighs 28 lbs and is 35 inches tall. They say if you double a child's height at the age of two you will be able to tell how tall they will be. I guess Isaiah will be around 5'10. His dad and all 5 uncles are close to 6 feet so I guess he decided to follow after them and not me.

On Saturday Jeremy and Isaiah raked up a huge pile of leave. Ok, Jeremy raked and Isaiah used a broom. He didn't seem to notice the difference. I helped bag them. I can't remember the finale count, but it was somewhere over 20 bags. Now we're ready for snow! I saw a couple snow flurries today. Not many. You know the kind, you have to squint and look at a dark roof for them to show up, but they were there!

Saturday night we put the tree up. I wish I had a video of Isaiah's face when he first saw it. Jeremy set it up while Isaiah was taking a bath. Isaiah ran into the living room and just stood and stared at the tree. He was so excited! Here's a good way to describe his look "Oh what joy and what surprise when I opened up my eyes..." Great Christmas song. Isaiah had a blast "helping" to decorate the tree. A highlight was when he took a bite out of an ornament that Angel had made for us a few years ago. I'm not sure what it was made of, but he didn't ask for more.

That's all for now.

2 comments:

  1. Great pic of Isaiah and the tree! I love it.
    Your family is growing so quickly. I never heard that about the 2-yr height thing but I'll be anxious to see what Marin's heighth is at her appt now!
    -Jolinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 20 bags of leaves! Makes me (almost) appreciate our bare yard.

    ReplyDelete