Speaking of music, I've been struck with a new realization this Christmas. Several of our local secular radio stations have been playing all Christmas music so I've been listening to them at times. They play a lot of "Christian" Christmas songs, but somehow they seem so empty. I don't know if it's the artists singing the songs or the commercials between the songs advertising how many days are left to shop or little elves begging for something more than green tights this year (have you heard that one?). I'm finding the Christian stations so refreshing.
I'm attaching a picture of Nathan. He is four months old today. What a treasure. He is so much fun. He likes nothing more than to have someone sit and talk to him. Jeremy really gets him laughing. Lately he hasn't been sleeping as well at night which is rather frustrating since he had been sleeping at least 10 hours at night. Hopefully it's just a phase that will pass quickly. Maybe it's a growth spurt!
Hope you all have a relaxing Sunday. Several weeks ago I asked a lady at church if she was going to go home and take a nap. She was so surprised to find out that we often take naps on Sunday afternoon. She was going home to clean. We really enjoy our Sundays to relax and rest. What a great idea God!
Don't feel guilty about enjoying a morning off from church. It's a rare occasion in our home as well that we ALL get to just hang out and relax! (enjoy your naps :) )
ReplyDeleteGetting weathered in sounds great right now. Although we've been having nice temps so I can't complain. Good to hear from you.
ReplyDeleteMaybe it's a growth spurt; maybe they're teething; maybe they're getting a cold; maybe it's something they ate...or didn't eat! IT'S ALWAYS SOMETHING!!!! Sorry, I just had to vent - Marin has been sick, fussy, sleepless and it's driving me nuts. I just want my happy-go-lucky girl back in my life.
ReplyDelete-Jo