Here's the recipe -finally! :)
4 c. sliced onions
1/4 c. margarine or butter
1/4 c. flour
6 c. water
1/4 c. beef bouillon granules
6 slices French bread, cubed
1 c. grated mozzarella cheese
In a large saucepan saute onions in butter. Cook over low heat until onions are tender, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
Add water and beef bouillon. Heat until boiling. Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
Ladle soup into oven proof bowls and top with French bread. Top with grated cheese and place under broiler until cheese melts and is bubble. Serve immediately.
Note: If you don't have beef bouillon granules, you can use beef broth -half broth and half water.
Let me know what you think of this recipe. We love it!
Thanks for the encouraging comments you left on our site! I'm looking forward to trying your recipe as soon as I go grocery shopping again.
ReplyDeleteI made the soup tonight -- very yummy. Shaun thanks you for sharing the recipe. :)
ReplyDeleteVery good! My husband was impressed. I was a little skeptical of it because I don't just LOVE onions... but I really liked it as well. Thanks for giving me a supper idea, and I'm sure I'll be making it again.
ReplyDeleteWow this is too weird but its steph stauffer(nolt) and I happened across you thru a long list of blogs...needless to say we are excited to have your folks here in Pa this month! They will be at our annual banquet of which Dale and I are on the committee. Nice seeing your blog!
ReplyDelete