I can harldy believe that I am typing this post from my parents house in Thunder Bay. For those of you who didn't know, I made a very quick decision to catch a ride to Thunder Bay with some friends that were coming to go hunting with my dad. We decided on Monday that I would come and we left on Wednesday evening at 5:00. I'm glad I only had that much time to prepare because I'm not sure I could have done it if I would have had weeks to think about it. I hard and awful time just thinking about leaving Jeremy. We've never been apart for even close to this amount of time before (10 days) I was also very worried about how Isaiah would do for a 22 hour trip. Even with these fears I decided that it would be worth it to be able to surprise my parents.
It was VERY hard to say goodbye to Jeremy. I wish so badly that he was here to experience all of this with me. Thank goodness for phones and email! The decision to make this trip and now actually being apart has made me realize just how much I really love him and how much I appreciate him. Before I was married I probably wouldn't have thought that being apart for awhile would be that hard. I have sure chaned in the last 2 1/2 year!!
Isaiah did wondefully on the trip. I know there were lots of people praying. (thank you!) He slept a lot and played with a toys and ate Cheerioes and fruit snacks that my aunt sent from him. Thanks Audrey! He did start to get a little buggy about 3 hours from TB. Amazingly right about that time the service engen light came on in the van and we had to pull over to check it out. Thankfully it wasn't anything serious, but while they were checking it out I let Isaiah crawl aroud outside for a couple minutes. When I put him back in his seat he was able to soon fall asleep. I was very proud of him to say the least.
Of course the best part of the trip was getting here and seeing my parents reaction. Did I mention that they didn't know we were coming?? My mom wasn't home, but my dad was in the back yard. I think he almost cried when he say us. :) I wish I had a video of my mom's reaction. I was sitting on the couch with Isaiah when she walked in the door. She was talking to everyone else for a few seconds before she noticed us. She sreamed and then cried. (I think we all cried!) I don't think I could have asked for a better responce.
The guys left this morning for their hunting trip. Three of the wives came along we're going to spend the week relaxing. I will try to post updates often. Doesn't anyone know how to post pictures when you're away from your home computes?
I need to get off and get on with my day. Isaiah is supposed to be taking a nap, but I can here him in the next room playing so I'd better go check on him.
Sorry for the long post! thanks for reading. :)
Sabrina,
ReplyDeleteNever apologize for a long post
:-) What a great idea to surprise your parents. I can't belive you're only 8 hours away...I'm tempted to come and see you!!! Have a great time in TB!
I'm so glad the trip went well! I bet your dad's jealous though that he won't be able to spend as much time with you. I'm sure you'll have a great time and the days will fly by. Telephone is a great option, by the way...when Shaun has to go on long work trips we like to talk first thing in the morning and last thing at night while we're in bed. :)
ReplyDelete-joy
I almost started crying just reading your post! I was praying that the trip there would go well, sounds like it did. I can't wait to hear about it!
ReplyDeleteBeckee
that was a fun post to read! thanks. we saw your parents briefly at Kim's wedding, but of course didn't have much time to talk.
ReplyDeletehave fun!
That's awesome Sabrina! Sounds like great fun! I'm coming home next week - maybe you and me and Robyn should meet in Kenora or Dryden... Or you guys should just come up to Red Lake. = ) It's been ages since I've seen you!
ReplyDeleteHey Little Lady,
ReplyDeleteI'm realizing what an awesome wife you are, now that you're not around. A little late, eh? =) Did I use eh correctly? Deedd I speeel eet currecly? If you can't tell, I'm missing you pretty badly. I know my humour doesn't always make you laugh, but the walls aren't giving me any reaction at all. I'm going to soon stop talking to them altogether. When did you say you're coming home?
I've been having a good time looking over your site again. Wow you're a pretty prolific writer. Thanks for saying all of those nice things about me. =) I love you! Keep having a great time!!! Maybe you should see if you can meet with some of your friends up there. I'm sure you would have a good time!
Counting down the days.
xoxoxo
Your lonely husband. =)