Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Home

It's good to be home. Our trip home from Thunder Bay went well although we did have bad roads for a good part of it. Isaiah did well. He had some fussy times, but we survived. Everyone we were traveling with were very gracious and helpful. We left Thursday afternoon and when Isaiah woke up Friday morning I found a new tooth. I don't recommend traveling and cutting teeth at the same time, but he actually did quite well.

It was great to see Jeremy again. It was hard to leave Thunder Bay, but it was great to be home with him again in our little house. We have a nice relaxing weekend together. He had the house all cleaned when we got home!

I've been back for four full days already, but I'm still having trouble getting onto the swing of things. I just can't seem to get anything finished. I have no problem starting things, but finishing them is the task. Right now I'm downloading pictures from this computer to a disk. I'm afraid someday this computer will crash and our picture will be gone. I guess that's one thing I'm accomplished today. Oh yeah, and I made pumpkin cinnamon rolls this morning. Very good! If you want the recipe go Taste of Homes web site and type it in the search engine. They are great!

Isaiah had a sad thing happen last night. We realized last evening that his favorite nuk was missing a little chuck of rubber. You have to understand this nuk, it's the only one he likes. For some reason as he used it it got streched out so now it's about 10 times its original size and of course there's no way to replace it. So now he's nukless. He did cry last night when we put him to bed, but I think it was more from the tooth that's just about to come through. He's gone down for both naps today without much fuss. He does still have his favorite stuffed puppy so that helps.

Well, there's my update. There are a few of you out there, not mentioning any names, that haven't updated in a very long time!! :) your turn!

7 comments:

  1. pumpkin cinnamon rolls sound so good! do they have cream cheese icing? never mind...I'll go look for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, I love pumpkin rolls! Well, at least the first few pieces...they always make too much food for just two people. Do you think they freeze well?

    - joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhonda, they have a carmel icing that is VERY good.

    Joy, I gave some away and we're eating the rest. :( They are soooo tempting...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll definitely be looking up that recipe! Never thought of going on that site before. Don't worry about settling in taking a long time. I'm just now feeling back to "normal" (whatever that is) after The Wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a good trip home! Those rolls sound good. I just tried your blueberry muffin recipe from awhile ago and they were awesome! I'll be making them some more. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to talk to you the other day Sabrina. Glad you made it home okay. And I'm going to try to update my blog soon.... Could you just mail me some of those rolls? Pleeeeeese????

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry about Isaiah's nuk. I really need to start thinking about taking away Marin's. Glad you're home safely and hope you get re-adjusted soon. Maybe I should go away for a few days to see if Eric would clean my house :)

    -Jo

    ReplyDelete