Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Hi

I don't have much to say, but thought I'd say hi. Jeremy is at church tonight so Isaiah and I are home alone. Isaiah is watching Veggie Tales (I'm sure he's too young for this, but it keeps him busy for a couple of minutes when I'm too tired to chase him!). Today was one of those dreary, rainy days. I love a rainy day, but this was the 3rd in a row. I had one of those mornings where I had a million things to do, but can't get myself motivated to do anything. If I would have made a list of things to do I probably would have got something done, but I was too unmotivated to even do that! I finally decided to go to the mall. The mall is only about 5 minutes from our house. Isaiah was a great shopping buddy. We didn't stay long and didn't buy anything, but at least we got out of the house for a little while.

Today is my "little" brother's 22nd birthday. I can hardly believe it. Where have all the years gone. I'm very thankful today for my family and especially for my brothers and their great wives.

Attention all you moms out there. If you have small children (2 and up) and are interested in getting them involved in a great music program check out Music for Young Children This program was started in Canada, but has now spread to the states. I taught their programs a few years ago and I hope to teach again this fall if I can get students lined up. It is a great program. The children learn all kinds of stuff about music, even composing, and have a blast doing it. They are taught in a group setting with other children. anyway, check it out. It's well worth you money. They're always looking for teachers too so if you're an experienced piano player check it out!

Well, Isaiah is getting sick of Veggies so I guess I'd better get off. I hope you are all having a great evening! Thanks for reading this long post. :)

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, sometimes ya just gotta RUN! Daryl and I did that last night. I needed to get out so bad. We went and filled the car up with gas and got onion rings at A&W. It was just what I needed! :-) (Plus, we have to take advantage of our in-house babysitter before she moves!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. just wanted to say Hey Sabrina and remind you that allowing children under 2 to watch tv will stunt their brain development. = P Just teasin ya! (I mean there are studies and stuff, but I think it probably has to be in really large amounts to do long term damage.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of those studies too. :( we don't watch TV so the only stuff he sees is the kids stuff we let him watch and that is very limited. I almost feel guilty for it sometimes, but the peace and quite is worth it sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sabrina, Rachel told me to check out what you said about "Music for Young Children". We just started Caleb and Logan in that program this week! Can you believe we have someone teaching it in little RL? Well, B-town, actually. I'm impressed with the program. Caleb really enjoyed it. Logan was sick today, unfortunately, so he missed his first class. :-( That's neat that you're teaching it! Have fun...

    ReplyDelete