I wanted to do some kind of Advent calender with the kids this year, but was not able to find much -at least not without spending a lot of money or spending hours making one. I didn't start my search early. Of course.
Last week we received Focus on the Family's "Thriving Family" magazine. I love this magazine. There are lots of helpful parenting/marriage tips in each issue. So imagine my delight when I found an advent calender in this months magazine. We received this issue a few days late so we are a little behind, but we'll catch up hopefully. Each day there is scripture reading and an activity you can do with your kids. If you have more time there are added things -like free Adventures in Odyssey episodes, crafts, games and more.
They offer a digital calender here: Thriving Family's Advent Calender Check it out!
Thank you, thank you, for posting that link to the Advent calendar! I've been looking for something like this and just haven't been able to find something. (Doesn't help that I wasn't thinking ahead either. :/) I was especially glad to see that there's a pdf version of the calendar too--if you're willing to go through a bit of work to get to it. :)
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful Christmas season!
I was hoping to do an advent calendar with the girls this year and, no, I didn't have my act together in advance either. I was pretty excited when I got my Thriving magazine too. :)
ReplyDelete