On December 8 Callie Noel turned 2. My baby is 2. She has brought a new meaning to the words, love, bond, protect, nurture, and yes even spoil. This child is very loved. She still gets called "Baby" on a regular basis by her parents and her brothers. "Honey" is Nate's favorite nickname for her. At least when he's happy with her. She is a typical 2 year old and a typical girl. She loves to change clothes. She loves her baby. She loves her brothers and she loves her Daddy. Oh yeah, and I think she loves me too. :) She loves to help in the kitchen. Sometimes it's more help than I need, but I really want her to love the kitchen so I'm trying to be patient. Yes, she still loves her nuk. Sigh...what to do. She's only 2.
Her birthday was on a Thursday so we pushed her party back to Friday. Jeremy, his dad and his brother had been working on our roof. Replacing it. It was a big job. The Friday morning of the party the electrical company had to come turn our power off. No problem. I can handle a few hours with no power and no heat. Well, someone somewhere must have taken the day off because when it came time to turn it back on, around noon, we started calling to have it turned back on. As instructed by the guy that turned it off. On and on we waited and waited and called and called. Finally at 5:30 we decided to just move the party to my aunt and uncle's house across the street. What a blessing to have them so close! God gave a lot of grace to me that day and I'm happy to say I handeled it pretty well. My uncle's house is much better and so in the end it was probably more relaxing than if it had been at our house. The power was finally turned on around 7:30. We were very thankful for a warm house and lights that night!
On to the pictures...
 |
| A girl and her baby... |
 |
| Thanks to the flash on my camera you can't tell that they are sitting in the dark except for a kerosene lamp. I told them it was just like Laura and Mary. Well, just like them except for the MP3 player Isaiah is holding while listening to Odyssey. |
 |
| The cake. This was one of the easiest cakes I've ever decorated. I actually had fun doing it. The doll is one of those Snap 'n Style dolls. Click to see a picture. I liked this look better than using a Barbie doll. These dolls have huge feet though so I had to cut a bigger hold and then stuff cake in around the doll. |
 |
| A kiss for the doll |
 |
| A gift from Great-Grandma |
 |
| Callie was so excited to have her cousin Natalie at the party. Pictures of these two together are not easy to get. I love this one. |
 |
| And I really love this one! |
 |
| Callie loves this littlest cousin of hers -Baby Brielle. A real live doll for sure. |
 |
| Happy birthday sweet Callie! |
Such a little sweetie... although do I detect a hint of ornery on that last picture? :)
ReplyDeleteYour cake turned out great! Callie...what a sweetie!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet, sweet girl. I can't believe our babies are two!
ReplyDelete