Sunday, July 17, 2011

Home

I was home from church this morning when I started this blog.  It is now 6:17 and I'm back to finish it...

It's now 8:49 and I'm back again...

I remember a time when the thought of staying home from church because of a sick child was almost a welcome thought because it meant a relaxing morning at home.  Times change with 3 children.

Several of us are fighting colds.  I guess we picked up something at VBS last week.  Do you ever regret not forcing your kids to wash their hands every 10 minutes like it or not?  Combine 50 kids, sweat, small rooms and 5 nights and there's a good chance someone will end up with something.   I know it's wrong, but I kind of wish one my kids would have brought home one of the other kids toys or something -not their germs!  This is life with small children, it is a phase and today I will embrace it.

It seems there has been lot going on around here lately.  Here is just a few things:

As of July 1, 2011, Jeremy is now the lead pastor at our church.  Or maybe it's the senior pastor, possibly the head pastor.  I'm not sure.  The title doesn't really matter.  It's a time of transition for us.  Our church is one of the most amazing, supportive congregations I've ever known.  They are such a blessing to us.  I could fill up a lot of blog space describing the emotions that I have processed through due to this new path God has opened up for us.  I'm learning a lot about humility and my lack of ability to do anything apart from God.  God has been so faithful and the confirmation that this is where He wants Jeremy (and all of us) right now is the grace that He provides.

On July 4th I participated in my first 5k race.  I didn't finish in a great time, but I was still pretty proud of myself if I'm allowed to say that.  Especially considering that a year ago the thought of running was not something I thought I'd ever do.  I hope to do another race sometime and hopefully run it with someone right beside me.  I think that would help me push harder.  Several other friends did it run the same race, but we got separated.  Over all it was a fun experience.  Someday I might post pictures.

VBS was the next big thing in our summer.  It went well, but I am very happy it's over.  Just being honest. :)  The kids loved it and did learn some good stuff.

The next event will be the CMC conference and Among Women.  Among Women was an unexpected journey for me this last year.  Little did I realize when I agreed to be part of this that I would learn things about myself I never realized were there.  I started to look at some things in my heart face to ugly fact and had to work through it.  It's one of those things were I think I gained more than I gave.  It was an honor to be part of this and the women I met through Among Women will be life long friends. Now if I can figure out how to represent my sphere, stay at home mom of preschoolers, at a conference where those preschoolers I'm mom to will also be in attendance.  Not only will they be there, but they will be out of their normal schedule, sleeping in a strange bed, eating different food, meeting new people.  Oh boy.

After conference we're onto Thunder Bay to visit my parents.  I plan to relax! Oh, I'll do a few things, I might even pick a few blueberries, but other than that I plan to enjoy some Canadian summer.

5 comments:

  1. I'll be praying for you all! That's so exciting for Jeremy and you! I know God will use you and your ministry! Hope the kids feel better soon. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a lot going on! Good job on the 5K -- I'm still pretty sure I'm not a runner. :) I agree with your sentiments on VBS being over. Congrats to Jeremy on his new position -- I'll be praying for your family as you transition into your new roles. Yay for a relaxing trip to Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess if I would have read this I would have known those things before we talked! I had no idea you were running! That is so cool. I've always dreamed about being a runner. :-) Excited to hear how the conference goes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go, little runner! Hope conference goes well and isn't too stressful. Thanks for all the news from your lives!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was great to hear how you guys are doing! That's wonderful about Jeremy -- I hadn't heard that! Very exciting!! Take care,
    Love,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete