Wednesday, August 24, 2011

To Nap or Not to Nap

To blog or not to blog.  I hate it that it has been over a month since I blogged.  If I remember correctly I was behind on blogging when I posted the last time also.  I just keep thinking I can't blog until I catch up on all the stuff from our summer and I can't do that until I have pictures to post.  The pictures are finally on the computer (not this piece of junk) so one of these days I shall catch up.

In the mean time here is a question: when do you have a child stop taking naps? Oh the agony.  Right now Callie sleeps every day -she's is not the problem.  Isaiah and Nathan both have quiet times for about 1 hour.  More times than not they both sleep, but then I have to wake them up or bedtime is not fun.  I feel like for my sanity they must take a quiet time.  Am I a bad person for that?  I don't really care if they don't sleep, but often they fall asleep.  Sometimes they don't fall asleep then they are complete bears till bedtime and even the next day until nap time comes around again.  Then I think maybe I should let them sleep longer today.  Bad idea.  As I started this post Nate was pretending to be a fireman on our bed (where he was sent when they had to be separated).  I have no idea what the correct answer is to this and I don't really expect to get one.  However, if you have suggestions they are welcome!

My main reason for blogging was just to get back into it again.

1 comment:

  1. Nap issues are hard because each kid can be so different! Elena has a 90-minute quiet time during Greta's nap. I'm usually praying that she DOES sleep, otherwise she's an unbearable grouch. Our policy is that if she sleeps at naptime, then she gets to stay up later than Greta. Otherwise she has to go to bed early with little Sis.

    Even if Elena doesn't sleep, I'm with you on needing some quiet time for my sanity!

    ReplyDelete