Warning: This was written by a rather sleepy person.
The past few months have been busy with a lot of coming and going.
In January I attended the second Among Women retreat near Columbus. While I was there Jeremy and the children were at my aunt and uncle's place in Cincinnati. I joined them after the retreat. Sadly I think we only have about 2 pictures from that weekend. Jeremy took them of Isaiah and Nathan sleeping in a double bed. They are cute pictures, but the cuteness wore off sometime during the night when they woke up fighting about covers. I was blissfully sound asleep 2 hours away. (Jeremy has very graciously encouraged me to be part of Among Women while he carries on the "home" responsibilities.) We always enjoy are time at Joyce and Paul's. The kids love all the new toys and we love the relaxing, the great food and the great company.
In February we attended CMC's pastor's conference in Kansas. It was a long trip, but it was worth it. My parents also attended the conference and we were able to stay at the same place they did. My parents helped out a lot with the kids -very much appreciated (and needed). The evening before we left to come home Isaiah starting throwing up. Great. Nate woke up at 3:30 AM doing the same. Jeremy decided we should just get up and leave for home then. I'm not sure if I've ever dreaded a trip that much. We buckled the kids in and I sat in the middle of the van with the bucket close by. Thankfully no one threw up. They boys slept a lot. Callie didn't. She isn't a real great traveler. :( We drove 19 hours straight to get home. We stopped only 3 times. It was a very long day, but it was nice to be home and wake up in our own beds Saturday morning.
Brandon and Cindy along with their family and Cindy's sister arrived here on March 1. It was wonderful to finally meet Adam and Ashton. I'm in love. I have some great pictures that I'll hopefully post soon. My whole family spent several days together at a cabin. Good times. I'll let the pictures tell more. :)
I'm sitting her trying to stay awake until Jeremy is done with his online class lecture. I'm done and he is still working. :( Speaking of Jeremy, last weekend he and I were very blessed to be able to get away for the weekend -Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon. So good. I'll post more on that later, maybe.
Sounds like a lot of traveling, and great time spent with your family. Hope normal life isn't too boring after all that. :)
ReplyDeleteAlways nice to hear that other people torture their kids with 19 hour days on the road. People down here think we're totally nuts. I think it's that hardy Canadian blood. = ) Looking forward to your pics. Sounds like a great time with family.
ReplyDelete